HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:25 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Discussion
Just more pics to add-in

Just starting a thread to add some plane pics. Some planes worked very well and others like the Soar Jet not so well. Most problems were my own fault. Using incorrect Kv motors or over powering others.. It is fun.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:35 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
More planes and both flew very well. The Yak I call my Easter Egg really fun plane until it impacted the earth. Then it never flew quite right. LOL
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:41 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Of course, more planes. The Hyperion Sniper was an awesome 3D plane lot and lots of fun. This plane would fly in the worse wind conditions. The cobweb if you look close was way over powered. I had to pull that motor and put a smaller one on. I was just learning to build and fly.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:02 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
The Ikarus was not my plane but L8Nate's. It flew about 5 MPH at top speed. Not a very fun plane but I thought it was a cool looking photo with a German village in the background. If I am wrong about the Ikarus being a SU27 someone please post the correct name. The Mini Arrow was mine that I built during a field exercise at Grafenwohr.
Last edited by badpilotto; Oct 11, 2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:11 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
I know their not plane pics but aerial pics of Illesheim village by a plane in the air.
Last edited by badpilotto; Oct 10, 2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:28 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
I'm not sure where I bought the Fury but I purchased three of them on sale. The Fury is a fantastic 3D plane right out of the box (of course you have to add your own electronics). Very light and handles wind very well.

The foam pusher jet did not fly as good but was fun just the same. If the prop was centered on the plane it would have been a lighter build.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:51 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Both of these planes fly very well. Jenny was my first biplane and I did not understand how much throw she should have to control her properly. Flying in the hanger I crashed her several times not having enough rudder throw. Once she was set up correctly she was very fun to fly.

The Ultra stick was a plug and play. This little plane was a sport flyer but could aaaaalllmmmost fly 3D. I had her close to hovering but she was losing altitude. Great little flyer.
Last edited by badpilotto; Oct 14, 2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:58 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
MS Composite makes some really nice planes but with the Dollar to Euro exchange rate their prices have doubled in the last few years. Both of these wings are super flyers. I call the Maxi Swift the school bus. It flies slow and lazy but will thermal fairly well. The mini wing is great for combat.
Last edited by badpilotto; Oct 11, 2009 at 04:49 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:17 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
The Mixmaster was the plane I first flew successfully. It is a double motored, puller/pusher, propped plane. It comes as a ready to fly ACFT. Nice flyer,

The Synapse is a EDF which I could not get into the air the first 10 tries. I had to watch a movie that someone else made over and over then realized I was putting the motor into full power and trying to launch it. This isn't how to get the plane in the air. Even when I launch her from a hill into the wind I could not get her to fly. When I used the half throttle method, it worked every time. She is a fast little flyer and fun.
Last edited by badpilotto; Oct 14, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 05:04 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
The Edge 540 was purchase from Lazertoyz for $21.95. Diane and Dan of Lazertoyz are super people who take very good care of their customer. They do not have the selection of products like Hobby Lobby but their prices are very good and they have great customer service. The MS Composite Blade Dance is a fantastic 3D plane; however, like all of the MS Composite planes the nose and motor mounts must be reinforced. Both planes fly 3D the Edge will not tolerate as much wind as the Blade Dancer.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:24 PM
currently 3D-Dabbler
Richmond, VA
Joined Aug 2009
177 Posts
Holy cow. 18 planes. That is quite a big hanger. Lots of different airplane designs. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on each plane.
SonyVegasUser is offline Find More Posts by SonyVegasUser
Old Oct 12, 2009, 04:10 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
SonyVegasUser,

Thanks but this really is not all of the built and ready to fly planes I have. Some have been shipped back to the US, we are in the middle of a move.

Cool username! I am just learning how to use Sony Vegas 7.0. It took me a whole day to customize 10 clips into one video (I didn't do a very good job on it). Editing out the voice was a time consuming task.

Thanks

John
Old Oct 12, 2009, 04:28 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto

The Ultra stick was a plug and play. This little plane was a sport flyer but could aaaaalllmmmost fly 3D. I had her hovering while losing altitude several times. Great little flyer.

...if she's losing altitude while pointing straight up ,she ain't hovering..
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Oct 12, 2009, 06:04 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz
...if she's losing altitude while pointing straight up ,she ain't hovering..

I changed the wording to:

"The Ultra stick was a plug and play. This little plane was a sport flyer but could aaaaalllmmmost fly 3D. I had her almost hovering but she was losing altitude. Great little flyer."

Does that sound better?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:21 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
The Slow Stick (SS)has been repaired so many times. I even had to run a rod through the fuselage and epoxy it to keep her together but she still flies really well. The SS does not have aileron on her but she will fly inverted checkout YouTube link:

MOV08245 (1 min 23 sec)

Leave a funny comment or just laugh about how she flies.

The Aerobird was modified for a 2100mAh lipo and will fly for 20 minutes on one charge. Not a great ACFT but still fun to fly.
Last edited by badpilotto; Oct 14, 2009 at 08:58 AM.