HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2014, 10:06 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,022 Posts
A bit of Royalty in New Zealand - the Princess has had enough but Prince William is probably still inside the Anson
Pat Lynch is online now Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: What's Coming up....
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2014, 01:12 AM
Balsa Lover
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jul 2010
863 Posts
Now you need to take even more care on detailing the interior since even the Royals are interested in it!
gupi is offline Find More Posts by gupi
Old Nov 07, 2014, 07:11 AM
Is it suppose to do that?
USA, CT, Waterbury
Joined Sep 2006
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
........where do I get mine????
....when you wish upon a Star, makes no difference who you are.....

moscow580 is offline Find More Posts by moscow580
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:51 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,022 Posts
...on with the show. But only a little to offer!
The area around the turret is ply plus some fabric in the real Annie so both areas were sealed, sanded and 'Polyspanned' using Stixit to fasten and clear dope to fill. A coat of brushed green/brown was added and will be sanded and a final airbrushed coat done later. The ring around the turret opening is of .005 plastic sheet with a circle of Chad's tiny laser-cut screw heads.
I'm still cogitating how much internal detail should be added to the turret - there is a ring and a Lewis gun mount - we shall see.......

I now have a Hutson Lizzie and a Hutson Annie at about the same stage of construction. One of the reason I chose to build the Lysander first was to get an idea how his designs 'worked' before starting the bigger Anson. Talk about over-ambitious But the reason Lizzie is on the bench is to do my first real stringered fuselage using Polyspan. Both models have metal/fabric areas and similar builds so I'll cover Lizzie's fuselage first and get the hang of it with the Polyspan.
But later - I have a severe dose of hayfever (Springtime here) and will have to wait until I stop sneezing
Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2014, 03:11 AM
Balsa Lover
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jul 2010
863 Posts
They're looking great together! Both are pretty ambitious builds.
gupi is offline Find More Posts by gupi
Old Dec 28, 2014, 08:07 AM
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Hi I've stumbled across this build while doing a search for this kit online. What a magnificent effort you've achieved so far.
If your interested I'm restoring the cockpit section of an Ex RAAF 1/1scale Avro Anson and my good friend from Adelaide South South Australia is restoring Avro Anson A4-37 which is a genuine Early Anson and happens to be the earliest avro anson still in existence.
I have a ton of interior Photographs as well as cockpit photos of A4-37 should you be interested ? Here are a few

Cheers
Sean morgan
Model.maker is offline Find More Posts by Model.maker
Old Dec 28, 2014, 02:08 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,022 Posts
Sean - great pictures! I would certainly love to see a series of pictures showing detail stuff down each side of the cabin. I've got photos of various instrument panels and have all the official maintenance and Pilot's manuals but a few shots showing the stuff attached to the inside walls would be nice - as well as a few around the back-end of the cabin and maybe the gunners 'room'.
My model is really only 'sport scale' and much of the inner structural framing is for the model's benefit and not at all scale but I'm learning to fudge things up a bit and only the true enthusiast will get down on hands and knees to peer in the windows ;-)
Any more pictures would be most welcome. Oh - thanks for joining rcgroups just to offer those photos. Welcome and good luck with your ambitious restoration - will it be static or flying?
Pat
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Pat Lynch; Dec 28, 2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 02:18 PM
Balsa&Tissue
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jan 2011
2,897 Posts
Sport Scale.......your work on this project makes a lot of other projects look like stand off scale then!

Jeeeez, what an understatement.
payne9999 is offline Find More Posts by payne9999
Old Dec 28, 2014, 02:42 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,022 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence Dave I suppose I was really referring to the design - maybe 'high scale' in the 80's but lacking bit by modern Top Gun and World championship standards What I do is just tweek things a bit where it seems appropriate and add a bit of detail to drag critical eyes away from the less-scale elements. I guess we all do that.......
Pat ( I'll get back to Annie soon)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2015, 08:24 PM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,841 Posts
Hey Pat,

Was surfing Youtube yesterday and looking for videos from the Historical Aviation Film Co. and found some footage of an Anson flying that looked just like the one you are building. Without your build, I would never have known what type of airplane it was. When I saw it I Immediately thought of you.

If I remember right, the Historical Aviation Film Co. is based in New Zealand. Not too far from you. Have you seen the Anson in their video?

Jim
JIMA is offline Find More Posts by JIMA
Old Jan 25, 2015, 08:55 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,022 Posts
Hi Jim - yes, the Kiwi Anson was the inspiration for my build I then made a trip to NZ from Oz specifically to see the aircraft. I took hours of video and hundreds of photos. Funnily, at the same airshow was the restored/rebuilt De Havilland Mosquito which was most impressive tearing down the strip with two Merlins roaring. But the old Anson lumbering quietly into the sky brought a tear to my eye - great stuff!
Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2015, 09:42 PM
Power Upward
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Jun 2007
1,390 Posts
Hey Pat,

Thought we might have lost you for the Summer.

George
GeorgeG97322 is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeG97322
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:32 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,022 Posts
Annie has not died!

Thanks for popping in George Annie is in a holding pattern - ostensibly so I could practice Polyspan covering on the stringered fuselage of the Lysander! Having done that, I needed some Solartex practice so made a start on the 'Brisfish' F2b. Having done that I went to hoist the Anson up into the workshop ceiling and remembered it had a dicky uc leg - so a small keyhole aperture was cut and I can now remove the whole leg, servo linkage and wheel for maintenance. The 'service openings' can be seen just inboard of the nacelles. While at it, I ground flats on the uc drive shafts so the drive mechanism couldn't slip anymore and it extends to a 'locked' position.
Back to this project soon.....Pat
RCG Plus Member