HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 01, 2015, 01:35 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydor View Post
The Stream team keeps getting better and better
I just recieved two models for the worlds, one for me and one for my teammate Nir.
Both wings have more paint than avarage and weigh a "heavy" 104 grams
And the wing has much better finish as well!

We also recieved tails (older type) weighing in at 10.5 grams a set for the lightest set and 11.5 for the heaviest and another full carbon set for nir at 11.4 grams

The fuses are also really nice, the cg on mine is a goog 3 cm to the nose than the older fuses were which meens lighter booms.

I should be able to finish my new Stream at low 230's, a good 10 grams lighter than my current light Stream

Attached are pictures of my wing (red and yellow) next to Nir's wing and my wing next to my old wing

Roy
Wow, a 230g Stream!!!! 11.4g for a full carbon tail set!?!

My Validol (same wing IIRC) was ~285g and floated pretty nice at that weight. This is a full 2oz lighter!! All with normal wing area and the impressive handling the Stream is know for. Just stunning!

Happy New Year!!!
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2015, 01:14 PM
Kyle Clayton
Wave Glider's Avatar
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,473 Posts
The new Streams are REEAAALLLYYY tempting

Maybe it has already been discussed, but what size 1S cells are people using in them? I've been a 2s proponent for years, but with all the new servos and equipment being purpose built for 1S, the idea is becoming more attractive. Will the Turnigy round 1200mah fit in the schnoz of the Stream?
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2015, 01:29 PM
In F3J size does matter!
roydor's Avatar
Israel
Joined Nov 2006
878 Posts
I have 1 cell 1200 mAh and 1000 mAh in the nose of my Streams.
The 1000 are a bit slimmer so they go deeper but they are longer than the 1200 so the receiver ends up in about the same position but with a little less mAh, I maybe getting 3 mm more forward position with the 1000 but not much more.
The 900 fit as well, same diameter as the 1200 but a bit shorter so if you have a long receiver it wll fit a bit further up in the nose.
roydor is online now Find More Posts by roydor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2015, 02:10 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,230 Posts
Oh my!!!!
That's beautiful!
That plane is screaming my name!
Pardon the pun! Lol

Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydor View Post
The Stream team keeps getting better and better
I just recieved two models for the worlds, one for me and one for my teammate Nir.
Both wings have more paint than avarage and weigh a "heavy" 104 grams
And the wing has much better finish as well!

We also recieved tails (older type) weighing in at 10.5 grams a set for the lightest set and 11.5 for the heaviest and another full carbon set for nir at 11.4 grams

The fuses are also really nice, the cg on mine is a goog 3 cm to the nose than the older fuses were which meens lighter booms.

I should be able to finish my new Stream at low 230's, a good 10 grams lighter than my current light Stream

Attached are pictures of my wing (red and yellow) next to Nir's wing and my wing next to my old wing

Roy
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2015, 05:54 PM
Registered User
Milton Keynes, UK
Joined Oct 2005
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Glider View Post
The new Streams are REEAAALLLYYY tempting

Maybe it has already been discussed, but what size 1S cells are people using in them? I've been a 2s proponent for years, but with all the new servos and equipment being purpose built for 1S, the idea is becoming more attractive. Will the Turnigy round 1200mah fit in the schnoz of the Stream?
I got 2x of them in there for a while to make a 2P pack (pencil arrangement of the cells to fit)

I'm now using 2x 900mah round lipos so I can squeeze in an altimeter
Richard S is offline Find More Posts by Richard S
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2015, 05:55 PM
hot air rises...
jfinch's Avatar
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Glider View Post
The new Streams are REEAAALLLYYY tempting
I agree!
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2015, 06:16 PM
Kyle Clayton
Wave Glider's Avatar
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard S View Post
I got 2x of them in there for a while to make a 2P pack (pencil arrangement of the cells to fit)

I'm now using 2x 900mah round lipos so I can squeeze in an altimeter
Is that much nose weight needed for balance? Or are you a man of my own heart who prefers to charge only once a month?
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2015, 06:39 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,360 Posts
Depends on how you build them but little, if any weight, is needed to balance. I put pushrods in mine and a 1200 1S, D4R-II receiver, and a gram or two of lead to balance. If I put pull-spring on the vertical I might be able to get rid of the lead.
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:34 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,360 Posts
Stream treated me right this last weekend at the JEM. I flew it 7 of the 13 prelim rounds to 9th place out of 35 and a spot in the flyoffs, and all 4 flyoff rounds to a 4th place finish out of 10. Considering the level of competition I am very happy with these results. The flyoffs ended up being very light lift and I wished I had a lower weight Stream to toss. All good though. And if it works this good for me, imagine how good it could work for a skilled pilot.

Cory
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Last edited by corsha99; Jan 19, 2015 at 10:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:36 PM
2015 USA F3K Team Manager
Doug Cronkhite's Avatar
San Diego
Joined Feb 2002
2,114 Posts
You definitely built yours our heavier than needed, although I don't know what the receiver weighs, but the 900 1S is all I use plus pull strings instead of pushrods.
Doug Cronkhite is offline Find More Posts by Doug Cronkhite
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:41 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,360 Posts
I have had both pull spring and pushrods and pushrods have never let me down, but that is a topic for another thread I am fine with the extra weight in that system of the plane.
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2015, 01:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
1 Posts
Stream

Hello,
I get my stream today. The quality is very very good.
I can recommend the Stream very much
OlafST is offline Find More Posts by OlafST
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Live FPV Stream from TeamWhiteLlama! Tonight at 10:15ish CST! gundamnitpete FPV Talk 2 Feb 29, 2012 01:52 PM
Discussion Live FPV quadcopter stream from TeamWhiteLlama! gundamnitpete Multirotor Talk 4 Feb 26, 2012 02:06 AM
Sold HPI 456 MB Gulf-Stream Jet-Stream Type G regional jet RTF package only $99! shschon Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 5 Oct 25, 2008 11:57 PM