Old Jan 12, 2015, 03:21 PM
Flying 8 High
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Feb 2013
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofhal View Post
Please help any that have the best gains for one octo with motors tmotors U7
All Octos are a little different, because of the different components used. I started with my gains at the top (highest) and progressed down until I got the response that
I wanted. Set the gains and look for the wobble after you release the stick. Continue to adjust down 10%-15% until the wobble goes away. Follow the directions just in reverse. This will be a little faster and should be solid.
CdA D is offline Find More Posts by CdA D
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2015, 06:27 PM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Apr 2014
12 Posts
Never mind
Redmike39 is online now Find More Posts by Redmike39
Last edited by Redmike39; Jan 30, 2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: dumb question
Old Jan 21, 2015, 05:46 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
429 Posts
Main Controller Ail Control Lost

Hi - wondering if anyone has any ideas on this one (apart from "buy a new main controller"!)

My WK-M has lost control of the Ail channel following upgrade to 5.26. It was connected via D-bus. When it happened I did a roll back to 5.22 and then to 5.20 but still the same. Then successively upgraded again to 5.26 without it improving. It was checked with 3 different receivers from 2 different RC systems and in all cases the Ail slider in assistant doesn't move

After that I decided to try a PWM connection - then the ONLY slider that moves is the Ail one, and that has only travel one side. All the others are stuck. That was checked with 2 different receivers from 2 different RC systems.

Is there a way of totally re-setting the WK-M main controller? (I had hoped re-flashing the F/W would be doing that but maybe it isn't.)

Apart from that all I can think of is a new MC (ouch!)
RedSky is online now Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Jan 21, 2015, 06:43 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,355 Posts
Try a different receiver first.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:58 PM
Joined Sep 2011
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Try a different receiver first.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
3 different receivers tried
Old Jan 27, 2015, 04:02 AM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2008
311 Posts
GPS v2?

There seems to be a GPS puck v2 for the Wookong available. At least Kopterworx sells it:

http://kopterworx.com/gps-wkm-upgrade-v2.html

Does anyone know if this has any real improvements (new chipset for example) compared to the old one with black moulding marks on the sides?
tupelo is offline Find More Posts by tupelo
Old Jan 27, 2015, 05:50 AM
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined May 2014
521 Posts
The wookong v2 GPS unit is old old news and has been included with new wookongs sold for I don't even know how long. I believe it was associated with a fix for the flip of death, but you'd have to dig back through this thread to be sure.
BuffaloJustin is offline Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
Old Jan 27, 2015, 01:16 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
11,520 Posts
The V2 was the result of GPS issues in the Southern Hemisphere.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 28, 2015, 08:14 AM
Joined Sep 2011
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
Hi - wondering if anyone has any ideas on this one (apart from "buy a new main controller"!)

Is there a way of totally re-setting the WK-M main controller? (I had hoped re-flashing the F/W would be doing that but maybe it isn't.)

There is - I found on my travels - you jumper the signal pins for Motors 5 and 6 then power up. Leaving the jumper on you update firmware via WKM Assistant(the controller reports as F/W 0) then power off, remove jumper and proceed as normal. It fixed my problem.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 08:17 AM
Joined Sep 2011
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
The V2 was the result of GPS issues in the Southern Hemisphere.
Yes, that's correct.

I was one of the first to get a V2 GPS.

DJI were a bit slow to realise that we SH users weren't kidding about our problems but once they accepted there was an issue, they moved very quickly to correct it at no cost to owners.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 04:25 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
11,520 Posts
Just an FYI on what is coming.

Please note the following that appeared in the WSJ this morning:

DJI Announces New Safe Flight Features Limiting Flight in DC Metropolitan Area
- Restrictions are in accordance with FAA guidelines
- Additional limits will prohibit flight across borders
Hong Kong, (28 January 2015) – DJI will release a mandatory firmware update for the Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, and Phantom 2 Vision+ to help users comply with the FAA’s Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) 0/8326, which restricts unmanned flight around the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
The updated firmware (V3.10) will be released in coming days and adds a No-Fly Zone centered on downtown Washington, DC and extends for a 25 kilometer (15.5 mile) radius in all directions. Phantom pilots in this area will not be able to take off from or fly into this airspace.
The restriction is part of a planned extension of DJI’s No Fly Zone system that prohibits flight near airports and other locations where flight is restricted by local authorities. These extended no fly zones will include over 10,000 airports registered with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and will expand no fly zones to ensure they cover the runways at major international airports.
DJI is also continuing to update its no fly zone list in compliance with local regulations to include additional sensitive locations and to prevent flight across national borders.
These new safety features will be released across DJI’s flying platforms in the near future.
“With the unmanned aerial systems community growing on a daily basis, we feel it is important to provide pilots additional tools to help them fly safely and responsibly,” said Michael Perry, DJI’s company spokesperson. “We will continue cooperating with regulators and lawmakers to ensure the skies stay safe and open for innovation.”

Here is the link to the full story: http://www.wsj.com/articles/drone-ma...451954?tesla=y

DJI is being proactive in this matter.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800