HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mutchy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:05 PM
Wollongong Australia
Joined Dec 2003
396 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
For Sale
9x transmitter with Er9x OS and FrSky Telemetry

For Sale:
Fly Sky 9x Transmitter with Er9x operating system, FrSky telemetry module, computer link cable, USB dongle and manuals.

Having completed my tray radio Tx I offer for sale my Fly Sky 9x (hand held) Transmitter with Er9x operating system, complete with an FrSky DJT module which has been modified to allow direct display of telemetry information on the Fly Sky 9x screen. All connections are internal.

The Fly Sky Transmitter is a Chinese copy of the JR 9x radio. It is a facsimile of the original and this is reflected in the low price of the standard unit. The radio for sale has the open source Er9x operating system installed and comes with the FrSky telemetry Tx module.

This radio has the following features.
Up to 16 model memories depending on the complexity of the models.
PPM 4 channel, 6 channel, 8 channel, 10 channel, 12 channel, 14 channel and 16 channel operation. For example only four frames of information are transmitted in 4 channel mode so latency is reduced over using an eight channel Tx for only four or less servos.
Any stick, potentiometer or switch can be assigned to any function and any Rx channel.
10 off 5 point curves and 6 off 9 point curves freely assignable to any stick or switch or potentiometer.
Telemetry data displayed on the screen with warning alarms programmable for any telemetry channel
All model programs can be uploaded to a computer, modified and then downloaded. Alternatively the program can be written on the computer, simulated on the computer and then downloaded to the Tx.
A master trim switch can be nominated so that all trims can be set simultaneously; hold the model straight and level with the sticks and press the master trim, release the sticks and the model is trimmed.
1024 or (a little slower) 2048 resolution selectable. Filter selectable to improve ancient servo operation
2500 mAh Li Ion battery fitted
Tx stick mode is software selectable and throttle is either stick by changing one spring and one friction bar on the back of the sticks.
Timer activated by any stick or switch with offsets definable
Programmable low battery alarm depending on type of battery installed.
Three programmable levels of warning for model nearly out of range
Transmitted signal strength, received signal strength, and receiver voltage telemetry standard with any FrSky telemetry receiver. Other telemetry functions such as airspeed, tank capacity level, temperature at two points, and GPS position and altitude cheaply available through a multiplexing hub connected to the receiver. All telemetry displayed on the screen with highest and lowest readings.
Trim increments selectable are super fine, fine, medium, coarse, exponential
Transmitter usage statistics recored and available from the screen includes a trace of throttle stick usage
Centre control beeps are selectable, on or off, duration and volume.
Screen contrast adjustable
Inactivity alarm adjustable
Switch warning adjustable for any combination of settings so the Tx will not start transmitting until the Tx is in a safe condition
Battery voltage display can be calibrated to your actual battery multimeter reading
Sticks movement can be calibrated to yield full servo travel in each direction
All channels may have neutral and end point limits individually set.
Unlimited mixing of any function with any other.
Six virtual switches for logical AND, NOR and OR commands can be called up in any mix
Software reversible throttle travel for those who like low throttle at the top with trim selectable to have a centre neutral or low to high travel over the full rage which only affects the "low" end of the range i.e. full is still full throttle but the whole trim travel adjusts the idle
Extendable servo limits to 125%
Heli swash plate type selectable standard 120 degree, 90 degree offset 120 degree, 140 degree, 90 degree.
Heli swash ring: software selectable on both sticks
Elevator, Aileron and Collective Pitch invert is software selectable for Heli setup
High, Medium and Low rates switchable by multiple switches or a single switch.
Exponential and travel definable for each side of stick neutral
Unlimited number of flight modes
Mixes can be set to add, multiply or replace the input value
Delay both down and up can be set for any mix
The time over which any mix takes affect can be set
7 model templates including two Heli templates, V-Tail, Elevon/delta and servo test.

Price: $185 plus postage.
Includes Tx, FrSky Tx module, Li Ion 2500 mAh battery, USB to UART computer dongle, computer cable, and manuals in original packing box.

Suitable receivers are here:
4 Channel
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elemetry_.html

6 Channel
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hannel_RX.html

8Channel
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elemetry_.html

More information on the Er9x firmware is here:
http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/Er9x_user_guide

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/

The Windows, Linux and Macintosh computer software for programming the Tx and backing up model data is here:

http://code.google.com/p/eepe/

PM me for further details or postage estimate.
Mutchy
Mutchy is online now Find More Posts by Mutchy
Last edited by Mutchy; Dec 06, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Are you open to trade for non-RC items? Maybe some RC items?

I always ship first, so there is no risk to you.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:45 PM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
392 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
does it has backlight?... willing to ship outside us?... tks
jocheluich is online now Find More Posts by jocheluich
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:32 AM
Wollongong Australia
Joined Dec 2003
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocheluich View Post
does it has backlight?... willing to ship outside us?... tks
Backlight is not fitted. Kit is available here for $4.99:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hite_DIY_.html
There are blue ones and green ones available too.
It requires no soldering, just undoing screws and plugging in a new wiring harness. There is a useful discussion, videos for installation, reviews and files for uploading on this page too. Apparently blue is the best backlight colour for daylight.
I have not found a backlight necessary but they are nice to use.

I live in Australia and will ship it anywhere. Postage from here is generally much cheaper than Europe and also cheaper than United States.

Steve
Last edited by Mutchy; Dec 10, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:24 AM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
392 Posts
Sent you PM
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
392 Posts
.... can you leave it as mode 2? the sticks can be changed?...I read you can on change it to mode2 by 2 things inside but will I need to change the sticks to behave properly?.... tks
Last edited by jocheluich; Dec 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
Wollongong Australia
Joined Dec 2003
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocheluich View Post
.... can you leave it as mode 2? the sticks can be changed?...I read you can on change it to mode2 by 2 things inside but will I need to change the sticks to behave properly?.... tks
The transmitter can be changed from one mode to the other by moving a spring from one stick to the other and simultaneously moving a friction bar from the second to the first stick. You then go into a screen on ErSky 9x and change the mode. All four modes can therefore be used with this transmitter.

Steve
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:44 AM
Wollongong Australia
Joined Dec 2003
396 Posts
The transmitter has been sold.
The unused FlySky module and receiver have been given away to my son and a friend.
Mutchy