HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ExperimentalAir, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:10 AM
Paradise R/C Flyers in NY
United States, NY, Utica
Joined May 2010
954 Posts
HD key chain camera on my foam board ugly stik vertical stabilizer

foarm board ugly stik (8 min 49 sec)
bhcnomo is offline Find More Posts by bhcnomo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:05 PM
Paradise R/C Flyers in NY
United States, NY, Utica
Joined May 2010
954 Posts
more flights with the 90" photon
with a new fuselage

photon2 (8 min 34 sec)
bhcnomo is offline Find More Posts by bhcnomo
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:43 PM
United States, WA, Oak Harbor
Joined Dec 2012
15 Posts
Attempt #2

This has got to be a record for number of pages to a thread!! Last winter I decided to build a Photon while I was in southern Baja. I got the Armin wing completed but had many issues, some of which I posted about. I ended up a bit discouraged so I put that project on hold.

I am now starting to build a Noob Tube. I decided that the more simple design would lend it's self to a first build. I also have better internet access now and have found more instructional videos to guide me. I am learning many more tips and techniques than what I originally was watching. Should make this build much easier and more clear to my interpretation . I sort of wish the older more basic videos could be deleted and the newer more inclusive videos take their place. HOWEVER, I certainly wouldn't expect Ed to do this as the amount of time and energy he has put into Experimental Airlines is beyond belief!!!! Big Thank You.

So, this should be a quicker effort as well. Looking forward to the finished project. Later, FF
Flysfloats is offline Find More Posts by Flysfloats
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:25 PM
United States, OH, Lima
Joined Oct 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcnomo View Post
more flights with the 90" photon
with a new fuselage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsMQueXWME
Nice flight and photo angle. Might have to build one of these. Would this be a good prospect for windy conditions?
dalaman is offline Find More Posts by dalaman
Last edited by dalaman; Jul 21, 2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Added a question
Old Jul 22, 2014, 05:25 AM
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Feb 2012
289 Posts
Don't get around much?

[QUOTE=Flysfloats;28973714]This has got to be a record for number of pages to a thread!!

You should check the Polaris thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2465&page=1650 It is up to 1650 pages!

J
justj is online now Find More Posts by justj
Old Jul 22, 2014, 04:57 PM
For flying out loud!
United Kingdom, Maidstone
Joined Sep 2012
739 Posts
Or the t-28 trojan thread by horizon it is on its 2000 and something page!!!
planemad man is online now Find More Posts by planemad man
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:56 PM
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Jul 2011
204 Posts
Page counts vary person to person, depending on your settings. As example for me the Polaris thread has over 2400 pages. However, it does have close to 25,000 posts in the thread.
sixfins is offline Find More Posts by sixfins
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:18 PM
United States, WA, Oak Harbor
Joined Dec 2012
15 Posts
Well, the Noob Tube project is coming along nicely. I am sorting out the many video instructionals and that has greatly speeded up my building. I have also decided to use the Armin wings I built for the Photon, one for the Noob Tube and a spare.

One question, both ends of the wing are open, how do you guys finish off the ends if at all? I thought about just putting tape over them, maybe gluing a piece of foam board over them or ???? Fuselage is complete but needs the hatch and motor and mount installed. Tail feathers are complete but need control horns and mounting to fuselage. Getting Close!
Flysfloats is offline Find More Posts by Flysfloats
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:00 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flysfloats View Post
Well, the Noob Tube project is coming along nicely. I am sorting out the many video instructionals and that has greatly speeded up my building. I have also decided to use the Armin wings I built for the Photon, one for the Noob Tube and a spare.

One question, both ends of the wing are open, how do you guys finish off the ends if at all? I thought about just putting tape over them, maybe gluing a piece of foam board over them or ???? Fuselage is complete but needs the hatch and motor and mount installed. Tail feathers are complete but need control horns and mounting to fuselage. Getting Close!
I glue on a piece of foam board with the paper peeled off and round off the edges with some light sanding.
gbmarsh is offline Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Jul 26, 2014, 03:28 AM
Whoa……it flies
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Feb 2007
126 Posts
Depron Armin wing Spectre

Finally got some calm weather so I could put the Depron Spectre through it's paces.
It's a ripper of a powered plane, extremely agile and stall resistant.

Depron Spectre at the beach (2 min 11 sec)
anewton is offline Find More Posts by anewton
Old Jul 26, 2014, 07:22 AM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
506 Posts
depron ripper

any plans for that one, looks like some of the designs I had for a stick 40 modified
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
Old Jul 26, 2014, 07:56 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,953 Posts
Used the Armin wing technique to build a swept wing. Similar to the versa wing, but thinner. Chords listed include elevon.

Length: 47"
Root Chord: 13.5"
Tip chord: 7.5"
Sweep distance: 13.5"
CG: 8.25"
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Jul 26, 2014, 05:03 PM
Whoa……it flies
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Feb 2007
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam555 View Post
any plans for that one, looks like some of the designs I had for a stick 40 modified
No plans I'm afraid. I tend to design as I build.
More details here - Twin boom pusher
anewton is offline Find More Posts by anewton