HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
Joined Feb 2009
1,181 Posts
Discussion
Got 2 points...

For calling 2 members older white guys LoL! I bet that's a first here. I know that demographic of people are usually persecuted but I was only making the observation when these members said that prejudice and race are no longer factors in America. Yes I know its a silly statement and some how less offensive than being called a white man! I'll eat the points rather than erase my observation. I'm sure I ll get more for this...
redhotpearl is offline Find More Posts by redhotpearl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:06 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotpearl View Post
For calling 2 members older white guys LoL! I bet that's a first here. I know that demographic of people are usually persecuted but I was only making the observation when these members said that prejudice and race are no longer factors in America. Yes I know its a silly statement and some how less offensive than being called a white man! I'll eat the points rather than erase my observation. I'm sure I ll get more for this...
I didn't even know you were talking about me!
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:09 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Goes both ways... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=11
56S is online now Find More Posts by 56S
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:31 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,375 Posts
Let's see if I can call myself an old white guy and get away with it. I'm bald with crooked teeth besides. But I'm good with pets.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:51 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotpearl View Post
For calling 2 members older white guys LoL! I bet that's a first here. I know that demographic of people are usually persecuted
That is correct.

Quote:
but I was only making the observation when these members said that prejudice and race are no longer factors in America.
This member said no such thing. Now you are making mistaken assertions about the contents of that thread.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:52 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Some times it is about context and sometimes it is about content

I don't think "older white guy" carries the same impact as "old white man"

And then repeating the 'old' component.. to include health issues, memory issues, an inability to comprehend modern concepts...

All of that stuff pushes the boundary quite far.

as an example:

You started a thread to explain your indifference to the moderators opinion. You started it here in LTUP.. to show the members (not the staff) just how you feel. This thread would be better placed in Site Chat.

You began it with a false representation of your actions.

older white guys does not equal old white man

If I was to characterize this action as "typical sleazoid BS from a known troll" (and I won't)

It would be against site rules.

However If I was to post instead "you should reconsider your post, ...it looks to me like you have overlooked some important details"

....that would be just fine..

Context, content ..two good things to consider.
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:53 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,945 Posts
why is everyone so racially thin skinned. I would get no more offended if someone called me a white derogatory name than if they called me ANY name.
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:58 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious View Post
why is everyone so racially thin skinned. I would get no more offended if someone called me a white derogatory name than if they called me ANY name.
Indeed. It's just like water off a windshield, right?
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:23 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljimb0 View Post
Some times it is about context and sometimes it is about content

Context, content ..two good things to consider.
This ^^^^^^..... and along with intentions and tone.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:41 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious View Post
I don't recall anyone being thin skinned on this.

He doesn't mention he was the one who brought up race to begin with when confronted with ideas in which not one other person had even mentioned race.

My comments to him were about the fact that he was the one who'd thrown the card.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:01 PM View Post
redhotpearl
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while redhotpearl edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:10 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
I never said it didn't exist any more. I say one thing, you hear another.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:10 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
I do find the moderation 'moderately' tiresome at times - sure if you are deliberately obtuse or rude to the point of stupidity but I just got a point (points mean prizes - right.....) for something really trivial!

Not complaining - I'm (very...) used to it now - it's not a democracy, it's a private site and entirely up to the owners.

When my points give me a holiday - well that's what I do!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:11 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
Joined Feb 2009
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I never said it didn't exist any more. I say one thing, you hear another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
it's very real in their heads...sure.

We elected a white black president. When does the race card cease? When those who profit from it decide they don't want to any more?
redhotpearl is offline Find More Posts by redhotpearl
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:15 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Which of those indicated this notion I claimed it doesn't exist any longer?

Race hustlers profit from continuing this meme beyond when it is a factor worth making excuses for.

Do you actually think they will *ever* decide racism is no longer a major determinant?
Closed Thread