Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:34 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
CR your plane looks really good.
I'm sure your going to be very happy with it.
keep us posted

Thanks Kerwin! Last night I mounted all the electronics, ignition module, spark plug lead, receiver, etc. Only thing left is the throttle servo, tank, fuel dot and cutting the cowl Hopefully gonna get a tank through it this weekend before I mess with the cowl
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:35 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
5645 were to slow on my 70.I set the battery behind the pull pull tray,fly inverted & go from there,I ended up building a small tray & putting the battery
about 2 inches behind the hatch switch,for proper 3d it should fly level with no stick input when inverted.I always set the final cg at the field.
Gotcha, thanks!
Old Aug 01, 2011, 03:50 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,370 Posts
Git er done, Tom!

-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:32 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Git er done, Tom!

-Mike
Funny you say that...she be done!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 02:34 PM
Bob418
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Feb 2011
150 Posts
anyone have a link to the 3dhs 71' slick, for gas, I am trying to find the distance from hub to firewall, I am going to run with a Syssa 30cc instead of a DLE,

We have 2 guys with the new 71 incher. one a slick the other an extra, the slick is flying a Syssa 30 with 18x8 CF prop and the other (Extra) a DLE 30 with a 20x6 xoar prop. both of them love the plane and they both fly great.

I am in the process of ordering plane, servos and motor! there goes my cash

Bob
bob418 is offline Find More Posts by bob418
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:46 AM
Vineland, N.J.
Joined Sep 2003
664 Posts
Did you ever get the info you needed?
I have a 70" Slick with a DLE, but just ordered a Syssa for an 80" OMP Edge profile.

Any thoughts on the Syssa yet?
Any threads or video of the OMP with a gas engine?

Thanks
Bob
bob_nj is offline Find More Posts by bob_nj
Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:34 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Electronics Setup question

So I just got back from the LHS and they said that I should be running seperate power sources for the ignition and receiver and seperate switches. I got this IBEF Ignition Battery Eliminating Filter when I bought my DLE-30 but now I'm more confused after visiting the LHS. Should I be running seperate packs for the ignition and Rx? And if so what size and type of pack should I run? Just want a simple setup that will be reliable.
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:46 PM
Vineland, N.J.
Joined Sep 2003
664 Posts
Ibef

It's totally up to you, but I use one battery on my Slick with thhe IBEF and it's super.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:06 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj View Post
It's totally up to you, but I use one battery on my Slick with thhe IBEF and it's super.
bob_nj....What size/type of pack are you using and how many flights do you get in between flights? Are you running seperate switches for the ignition Rx and also using the function to kill the engine from the radio?
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:17 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
bob_nj....What size/type of pack are you using and how many flights do you get in between flights? Are you running seperate switches for the ignition Rx and also using the function to kill the engine from the radio?

Again, I will say call Rich at WrongwayRC and he will hook you up. On my SLick, I run a single 2300mah A123 to power everything. Rich will wire up the battery for your needs. Mine has a deans on the main output that goes to a "Super Switch" (the super switch has two power out leads). The battery also has a charge lead and a power lead that goes to the Opti-kill switch and than to a voltage reducer and than into the ignition. The super switch has two power out leads...one goes to the battery slot on the Rx and the other can go in a spare unused channel. That way you have a small amount of redundancy and a better power supply for your servos, etc. The opti-kill switch is hooked into the gear channel and that is a safe and immediate way of cutting the ignition. The switch will also cut everything if need be.

As far as flights, I go 4 flights and charge it......I could probably go many more but the battery charges in like 7 minutes, lol
Last edited by CRFan1; Oct 05, 2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:30 PM
Vineland, N.J.
Joined Sep 2003
664 Posts
Im using a single 2100 LIFE battery, one on/off switch and use a channel on the Rx for IBEC and engine kill.

I charge after a couple of flights as it doesn't take long at all.
I'm not as concerned as some about how long I can go between charges.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:10 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
I just feel better about having separate batteries for the ignition & rx,there is no redundancy there if a problem occurs,it may not happen but if for some reason there is interference in the ignition or massive power draw,electrical short it could interfere with the rx signal.Personally I wouldnt use one but thats just me.I have a 2500 li-ion 2s for the rx & 4.8 nimh for the ignition with separate switches.I use this setup for 30cc & up.I also just switched to the DX8 & hooked up the telemetry,the engine is new & I thought it would be a great platform to monitor break in.The rpms,rx voltage,flight pack voltage & temp during flight is nice.The throttle curve is the best part.Looking back I cant see how I went without one for so long.As far as the 1 or 2 battery setup,just use whatever you are comfortable with.
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:17 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
This is my first gas plane so I just want to make sure I do it right the first time with the right gear without getting too complex.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:21 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Fuel tank

What size fuel tank is everyone running? I just got this one but it seems a lot smaller (8oz) than what came with the kit.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:39 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
What size fuel tank is everyone running? I just got this one but it seems a lot smaller (8oz) than what came with the kit.
To save weight, I run an 8oz fortitude RC tank from aeroworks. I get 8 minutes on a half tank so no issues with flight time.