HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
I cannot answer the speed movement. If we cannot change to fly in a + pattern I'm guessing not.
Ok up and down movement. Can you push the lower cap up further onto the motor. They sometimes do drop. On my Helimax 1SQ, HM goes as far as telling the owner to remove the rubber pad and push up inside the hole with a blunt object. Not sure if these motors are set up the same. But I'm guessing the motor endbell dropped.
Might sound stupid but how do I remove the little rubber "foot" at the bottom? I feel like I'm breaking it when I pull hard.
yud is offline Find More Posts by yud
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Then don't. I've not tried to remove it. I do recall reading just pushing up on it moves the endbell up if it drops. I typically will put my index finger on the rod and thumb on the bottom and pinch. Removing the blade may help. If it doesn't move, I'm not really sure on the next step.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:15 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I made some very lightweight and quite effective leg suspensions that will help save some motors. The weight for all four is only .8 grams a lot of extra help on hard landings taking some of the shock. I also use zip ties but they can get very bouncy. The zip ties do work good on top as roll bars when practicing flips in small areas, I haven't bent a prop really bad when I use them and haven't killed any motors at all and I have had some very hard crashes that would of destroyed a motor or two for sure. Here is the pic of one that has protection all around. Mostly I just use the four on top in the center with one being orange helps a bit with orientation as well.

Here are the lightweight leg extensions. I used four small pieces of shrink wrap and cut in half two plastic tubes from a box of glow stick bracelet attachments from the 99 cents store, the glow sticks work really nice with my v929 for some night flying around the house. You get 15 for 99 cents, not bad at all

They work really good and so far don't plan on using the zip ties too much at the bottom even though they really do protect it when flying very aggressive. These lightweight extensions seem to do the trick plus it takes off 2 grams for using the ties. I can use that weight for when I put two v911 canopies mirrored for some crazy flipping fun, hahah

waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Nice mods waveomatic, the second one would lend itself to some leds added too. The problem in my opinion is not the motors end bell coming out but the screw pulling out of the elbow and it breaking exactly down the middle on the mold line.

So where to get the silver elbow only? Or do you all shell out for new legs?
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:05 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
I just saw them offered somewhere, and I checked through my links and can't find them again... but yes, you can buy the silver part by itself. I don't think it's as common as the whole leg though. Those are offered everywhere.

I'll poke around and see if I can find where I saw it again... someone will beat me to it I think
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:18 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Ok, I remember now... Terence has them : http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraQRLB.htm

.99 cents. .. silver motor sleeve, or above it at the actual bend?

I've ordered from him before, thanks to a forum member. Had great interactions.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:05 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
Ok, I remember now... Terence has them : http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraQRLB.htm

.99 cents. .. silver motor sleeve, or above it at the actual bend?

I've ordered from him before, thanks to a forum member. Had great interactions.
+1 on Terence, I've been ordering from him for years and he's a GREAT seller.

Currently Terence went to Walkera with a problem I was having regarding my Hoten X and persuaded them them to repair or replace the RX and ESC, it's $130 + shipping to replace them. Terence has kept me informed every set of the way and saved me a LOT of money in the process.

He only charges $5.00 shipping no matter how much you order...I usually receive my orders from him in 10 days.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:28 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
John, I think it might have been you that turned me on to him Thanks for that.

Yes, my last order arrived in 8 days I think, and I had a tracking number, updates, and a shipping list in my email box. Very happy.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Cheers guys but yeah, i'm after the top section elbow only. I have used chinesejade before a few weeks ago for minicp spares and I did indeed grab those lower silver plastic parts with the rubber stopper. Dig his service too although bangood is totally free postage, between them I am very happy

I love the lower weight of the lb for nimble inside stuff but even at under 3.50 per leg with motor and wired if buying a pair I think moving the LB board to a stronger frame is better than having a to buy new legs just because this tiny bit of plastic gives way before anything else - almost as if by design...

I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped on cloned elbows if not
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I'm trying MassiveOverkill's motor guard mod and they are working great. I even orientated the colors and that even helps bit. Also, I am using the main part of the Spacewalker frame, its very strong, I mean super strong compared to the LB frame, and only weighs about a gram more and can take much larger lipos. I have slammed into all kinds of floors and walls to test it out and the frame with the guards seem to be a great combo, I would of broke at least 2 LB frames with half those crashes.

Quote:
Nice mods waveomatic, the second one would lend itself to some leds added too.
Thanks microrcfiend, that is a really good idea and I'm going to try it out.
Last edited by waveOmatic; Dec 03, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Al the googling in the world can't find those elbows so it is in fact by design that Walkera did not make these available it seems. I think some thread and super glue around that section just before the screw is the only thing I can think off to strengthen a new leg, can't get a cable tie to be really secure unfortunately.

I did buy SM leds for this too but they are intimidatingly small to solder. I have read that it is safe and that it isn't safe to use the extra post on the v2 for leds - does anyone use this?
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:18 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
I have plans to throw leds on my ladybird, and unfortunately I haven't had time in the past couple of weeks to do it But I digress... I was as going to say that you can order them from some places with small gauge magnet wire already soldered on. Helped me lower the intimidating challenge of the soldering job.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
I have plans to throw leds on my ladybird, and unfortunately I haven't had time in the past couple of weeks to do it But I digress... I was as going to say that you can order them from some places with small gauge magnet wire already soldered on. Helped me lower the intimidating challenge of the soldering job.
Where did you find the Leds with wire on?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Waveomatic, do you have a bigger pic of your LB with the cable tie cage? (post #753 first pic)
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Waveomatic, do you have a bigger pic of your LB with the cable tie cage? (post #753 first pic)
Sure, sorry for the bad lighting cell phone pic but here you go...

Here is a clip of it as well...

Flip and roll practice ladybird v2 (3 min 13 sec)

And a few more I made having fun

Ladybird QR V2 practice cage (2 min 33 sec)

and by adjusting the ties by sliding them you can make different shapes

LB roll cage 4 (0 min 30 sec)