EPO 3d-Hawk

nice!
wishawhunk is online now Find More Posts by wishawhunk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:49 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,965 Posts
I just build this plane tonight and veryjong works perfect and it even floes pretty good. However, my rudder pushrod bends A LOT. I can physically move my rudder back and forth withou much effort. My linkage and pushrods are glued correctly and my rudder is taped pretty close to the fuselage so that can't be the issue. When I move the rudder back and forth, I can see my rudder carbon pushrod bend like crazy and keep in mind the servo doesn't move while I do this. It has to be the pushrod. I don't know how to fix this easily. Any suggestions??
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Sep 29, 2010, 04:13 AM
Cape Town
Joined Oct 2009
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
I just build this plane tonight and veryjong works perfect and it even floes pretty good. However, my rudder pushrod bends A LOT. I can physically move my rudder back and forth withou much effort. My linkage and pushrods are glued correctly and my rudder is taped pretty close to the fuselage so that can't be the issue. When I move the rudder back and forth, I can see my rudder carbon pushrod bend like crazy and keep in mind the servo doesn't move while I do this. It has to be the pushrod. I don't know how to fix this easily. Any suggestions??
Hi T-CAT

See Boxhead's first post in this thread. The middle picture shows the guides he glued on half way down the pushrod. That should stop your pushrods from flexing.

Christo
masehare is offline Find More Posts by masehare
Old Sep 29, 2010, 09:33 AM
Joined Aug 2008
5,965 Posts
Excellent, thanks Christo. I'll try that and see of it stops the unwanted motion from the rudder.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 09:57 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,965 Posts
I just flew the plane and put the CG at 70mm from the leading edge of the wings and it flies perfect. This is my first 3D plane and it's a blast. Why didn't I buy it sooner? Hahahaha.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 03:54 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Congratulations T-Cat on your maiden.

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:04 AM
Joined Aug 2008
5,965 Posts
Thanks Box,

I honestly had a lot of fun. It's amazing how cheap 3D builds can be also and it can be great no matter where I am. This means I can fly it right near my house rather than friend 30 minutes to the flying club. I'm sold!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 05:16 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,965 Posts
Does anyone know what amp draw an 8X4 prop draws?? My kit came with a 7X3.5 prop, but I wanted to get a 8X4. I'm not sure if an 8X4 will burn out the stock motor and ESC.
Old Oct 04, 2010, 02:49 AM
Cape Town
Joined Oct 2009
254 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know what amp draw an 8X4 prop draws?? My kit came with a 7X3.5 prop, but I wanted to get a 8X4. I'm not sure if an 8X4 will burn out the stock motor and ESC.
I've been flying a while now on the 8x4 GWS props from Hobbyking. And it seems like a few people on this thread too. The plane actually behaves a bit better and I haven't noticed warm batteries or ESC.

But always best to check your equipment on the bench first.

Christo
Old Oct 04, 2010, 10:16 AM
Joined Aug 2008
5,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masehare View Post
I've been flying a while now on the 8x4 GWS props from Hobbyking. And it seems like a few people on this thread too. The plane actually behaves a bit better and I haven't noticed warm batteries or ESC.

But always best to check your equipment on the bench first.

Christo
Thanks Christol! I ordered some GWS orange props in 8X4, as well as some other props to see how they work. The props don't bend or flop around on high power setting or wind do they?
Old Oct 04, 2010, 06:54 PM
United Kingdom, England, Saffron Walden
Joined May 2008
124 Posts
Quote:
Hi

I did some tests and they are in my post #114.

see also Micro Fly post #100

Regards

retiredbri
retiredbri is offline Find More Posts by retiredbri
Old Oct 04, 2010, 08:03 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbri View Post
Hi

I did some tests and they are in my post #114.

see also Micro Fly post #100

Regards

retiredbri
Excellent, thanks a lot retiredbri. That helps a ton!
Old Oct 05, 2010, 10:00 AM
Cape Town
Joined Oct 2009
254 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Christol! I ordered some GWS orange props in 8X4, as well as some other props to see how they work. The props don't bend or flop around on high power setting or wind do they?
To be honest, they are low quality props. Any prop strike on a hard surface will make them shatter. But they work the best and will last a long time if treated well.

I forgot to say, I tried a 8x3.8SF the other day. The motor struggled to get it spinning, but it held up once on the go. Not recommended.

Christo
Old Oct 05, 2010, 10:37 AM
Joined Aug 2008
5,965 Posts
Thanks Christo. I have some GWS orange props being shipped to me right now in both sizes, 8X4 and 7X3.5. They both come in packages of 6 so that will help if I ruin of any of the props. Thanks again.
Old Oct 05, 2010, 06:56 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,770 Posts
oh man !! i just paid $61.99 on HobbyKing for this plane without servos and battery shipped.. now i saw that nitroplanes.com have it for $59.99 with servos and battery PNP edition and free shipping.

I hate you HobbyKing untill next purchase.

i have like 5x 7.6g servos aroundn in my shop from walkeras helis. they are very good servos they have being in 2 diferent helis. for 2 years and never got any problem. dont noise at center. end very accurate with stick movement. my concer is the weight 7.6g. i dont think will be any issue but since this plane is so light, i dont know. this is my first 3D setup. almost everibody are using 2x 5g and 1x 9g a total of 19g. and with 3x 7.6g i will have a total of 22.8g. would be fine ???? also nitroplanes.com have a video on how tu setup very well. you may have a look.

i am trainig 3d with G4.5 with the flatout 3D (Not variable pitch) also with my focuss 400ep i do well on hovering and harrier arround.
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX