New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2015, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by Alienmenacet54
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Oct 2014
347 Posts
Discussion
Windy Day

Well, I learned not to fly in Winds more than 15 mph today. Lost the plane in the sun, couldn't find it anywhere in the sky. Was packing up everything to go look for it. Crash landed it at the South end of the field. Minor damage, fixable. After I fix it this time. I am going to get a "Sharpie" marker and right my name and phone number on it. Plus my AMA numbers. Just in case. Probably under the wings.

David
Alienmenacet54 is offline Find More Posts by Alienmenacet54
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2015, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by Wes Pearson
Old Wood
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jun 2013
103 Posts
Those are required by the AMA anyway. I had plane returned after six months because I had my name and address on it. If I find a plane witout a name or at least an AMA number I can't return it so it must be mine.......
Wes Pearson is offline Find More Posts by Wes Pearson
Old Jun 21, 2015, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by jetmaven
Joined Oct 2004
964 Posts
I always put my AMA # name , phone number and email address on my gliders . There are a lot of amazing stories that are out there about returned strays over the years , a Hobie Hawk found two counties north of where it disappeared over Harris Hill N.Y. and a Kestrel lost on a LSF level 5 goal and return attempt 10 miles beyond its goal by a farmer on his sod farm , both were undamaged . The farmer said he saw it come in for a " nice landing "
jetmaven is online now Find More Posts by jetmaven
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:11 AM
Joined Oct 2014
347 Posts
Well, it turned out that the glider has a few more cracks in it that I didn't see. I strip all of the covering off the fuse and found a crack in the back of the fuse.

It is a Great Planes Electify Spectra (ARF) that my brother bought back around 2004. Going to ca the crack and re-enforce with 1/16 balsa inside.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 09:44 PM
Joined Oct 2014
347 Posts
Well, got it fixed and recovered the plane. I put yellow first quarter of the plane. Maybe I can see it better in the sun.