New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2015, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by tmulligan
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined Mar 2013
805 Posts
The Artizan is more aerobatic. And, if you get the one with the flight stabilizer, the Artizan is easier to fly.

But, given the current low price of the MM, I would definitely get one to try it out. I actually have 1 stock, 1 modified, and 1 as a back up.
tmulligan is online now Find More Posts by tmulligan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2015, 08:24 PM
dbc
Find More Posts by dbc
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
2,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGalore View Post
...........The major minus for the MM for me is the trike gear.........
The major PLUS for me is the trike gear. I fly off of pavement and the MM has just about the best ground handling of any plane I've ever had - and there have been lots of them.

Superb ground handling, a rigid airframe with excellent flight performance, plenty of power and nice speed. It would be a good value at twice the price but for $85 it's a genuine steal.

Edit: And if it came from Horizon it would be twice the price - or more.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Jun 14, 2015, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
3,241 Posts
I have flown an Artizan a handful of times. It is an exceptionally well mannered plane. In all honesty they both fly somewhat similar and are each very aerobatic. The Artizan will probably slow down a little more than the MM. I must add that the ones I have flown were bnf with the AR635 Gyro receiver. If you fly off well manicured grass the Artizan would likely be a better option.

All that said the MM is a tough plane to beat especially for $85 at your door. For fairness Wholesale Trains does have the BNF Artizan for $149.99 if you are a club member.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2015, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by RexGalore
Prop-Snapping Excitement!
United States, CT, Middletown
Joined Feb 2014
264 Posts
Thanks for the replies! All of my flying is in a relatively small area (small fields surrounded by tall trees), with the landing areas of hay (great for belly landers, not so much for anything with gear) and relatively rough longish grass (our club fields are often visited by ATVs, dirt bikes, and yahoos in cars doing donuts). I find that my taildragger foam planes are very easy to take off and land with the conditions I have. Actually, they require so little distance to take off, that's never a concern. "Back in the day" when I flew glow trainers with tricycle gear, it was always difficult to land cleanly, hitting a rut or the nosewheel first.

I imagine a taildragger conversion would not be impossible, and a $21 Lemon stabilized receiver would be comparable to the AS3X in the Artizan.

Thanks again!
RexGalore is online now Find More Posts by RexGalore
Old Jun 15, 2015, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by deadzone
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
661 Posts
I fly the Lemon stability Rx in my MM, love it.

I see no reason to get an Artizan vs. MM especially for the price difference. Artizan is a bigger plane, takes up more space in the hangar and car for one thing. Similar to MM that it can mild aerobatics and is easy to take off and land.

I also see no reason for tail dragger conversion. MM does not need much space to take off, you can pretty much go full throttle right away and lift off quick.
deadzone is offline Find More Posts by deadzone
Old Jun 16, 2015, 08:17 AM
Find More Posts by marineman16
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
I am seeing them for $99.98 on TH, and I got an email a few days ago for $10 off. How are we getting to $85?
marineman16 is online now Find More Posts by marineman16
Old Jun 16, 2015, 08:51 AM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marineman16 View Post
I am seeing them for $99.98 on TH, and I got an email a few days ago for $10 off. How are we getting to $85?
Super Savers Club. $15 off a $79 order.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member