New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2015, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by Test Pilot Mafia
CSU Chico, Flight Club
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Sep 2012
1,081 Posts
so what should I do? does "account" mean, name? what is that fields requirements? Are there special characters needed?
Test Pilot Mafia is offline Find More Posts by Test Pilot Mafia
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2015, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by AssassinXCV
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
185 Posts
So are these motors crap or are the motors label with NMB bearings actually good?
AssassinXCV is offline Find More Posts by AssassinXCV
Old Feb 07, 2015, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by mike_o
Denmark, Nærum
Joined Jan 2012
2,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinXCV View Post
So are these motors crap or are the motors label with NMB bearings actually good?
Which motors are you referring to? RCT carries several series of different quality levels.

I have tried their "BC" and "HP" series, the first being their entry level and the second being the "high performance". I think they compare to Turnigy XP and SK3 series respectively. Out of around 10 motors, I have experienced none with bad bearings, which I would not expect from the same number of HobbyKing's motors.

Currently, I believe their HP series offer perhaps the best performance/price relationship in the market. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. If you have the time to wait for the shipment.

This one I trust to carry my FPV SkyWalker over the ocean on a regular basis

SkyWalker FPV Coastal flight (1 min 41 sec)
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Feb 07, 2015, 05:30 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
Which motors are you referring to? RCT carries several series of different quality levels.

I have tried their "BC" and "HP" series, the first being their entry level and the second being the "high performance". I think they compare to Turnigy XP and SK3 series respectively. Out of around 10 motors, I have experienced none with bad bearings, which I would not expect from the same number of HobbyKing's motors.

Currently, I believe their HP series offer perhaps the best performance/price relationship in the market. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. If you have the time to wait for the shipment.
I'm building a 260mm Quadcopter and will be using 5x3, 5x4, and 6x3 propellers.

Wondering how they compare to the Lumenier motors or T-Motors.

I'm looking at these:

MT2206 2000kv

MT2204 2300kv

Windings look like sloppy sweatshop work though.
Old Feb 07, 2015, 07:56 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
185 Posts
What a joke. Time to buy my rc equipment else where. I've bought 3 motors and 3 escs from them in the past, but they don't deserve my money for their 10 cent motors.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by raybea528
Ray
United States, CT, Plainfield
Joined Dec 2012
112 Posts
I'll never do business with RCTimer again!

I've only ordered from RCTimer once before and though I did eventually receive my order it took forever. I must have had temporary amnesia when I ordered from them again. They do carry a couple motors I like but I'll find another source rather than deal with their dishonesty.

I placed an order and selected and paid extra for Express shipping. I thought things were going good when I received a notice that it was shipped along with a DHL Express tracking number. I checked shipping status for several days and each time I got an error message that the tracking number was not found. I sent several emails to RCTimer and finally got a response of "Oh Sorry, we shipped it standard mail instead of Express". So I replied back and said "Sorry?!, so you knowingly gave me a bogus DHL tracking number knowing full well you took my money and shipped it slow boat from China?". Their response was "We will discount the shipping on your next order, ok?" . No, not ok. I want my money refunded NOW, not next order. Like, I'm ever going to order from them again.

I then filed a dispute with Paypal (love Paypal!). They now agree to refund me the difference. I'm waiting for the Paypal transaction to take place. The order was placed Feb 27th and yesterday, March 10th, I received an update that the item was shipped via Singapore Post. Not only did they not ship it DHL Express, it took them this long to get it shipped.

As I said, I will NEVER order from RCTimer again. I don't do business with blatantly dishonest people. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!
raybea528 is offline Find More Posts by raybea528
Old Mar 10, 2015, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,893 Posts
Understood but we actually all do business with blatantly dishonest people. At least I have encountered Canadian and US retailers, lawyers, real estate and auto sales people...... Not all but a lot!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Mar 11, 2015, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by raybea528
Ray
United States, CT, Plainfield
Joined Dec 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Understood but we actually all do business with blatantly dishonest people. At least I have encountered Canadian and US retailers, lawyers, real estate and auto sales people...... Not all but a lot!
I'm not sure I understand the point of your comment. My understanding is that these forums exist to give the community a heads up so they can make informed buying decisions. If you knowingly engage in business where there is documented issues then just be aware of potential consequences.
raybea528 is offline Find More Posts by raybea528
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:50 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybea528 View Post
I'm not sure I understand the point of your comment. My understanding is that these forums exist to give the community a heads up so they can make informed buying decisions. If you knowingly engage in business where there is documented issues then just be aware of potential consequences.
I think he means that everyone takes risks when purchasing online.

Even if the site is reputable, there is still some risk.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 02:36 AM
Find More Posts by cmavr8
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
2,352 Posts
True Story, but there's BIG risk and acceptable risk to choose from
It's good to know which one you are going for.
cmavr8 is offline Find More Posts by cmavr8
Old Apr 24, 2015, 05:36 AM
Find More Posts by dmkmod
Joined Aug 2009
46 Posts
Not impressed at all so far, placed order on 17th of April, parcel posting date 24th of Apr, while sending mail stating that they have shipped it on 19th, hate when someone tries to make a fool of me, doubt I will be ordering anything from them anymore.
dmkmod is online now Find More Posts by dmkmod
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:35 AM
Find More Posts by mike_o
Denmark, Nærum
Joined Jan 2012
2,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkmod View Post
Not impressed at all so far, placed order on 17th of April, parcel posting date 24th of Apr, while sending mail stating that they have shipped it on 19th, hate when someone tries to make a fool of me, doubt I will be ordering anything from them anymore.
Tracking systems are not very reliable in general, so try not to go over the top due to this. If you read the posts in this thread, you'll see that RCT are slow (sometimes very slow) in shipping, but reasonably reliable.
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Apr 24, 2015, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by dmkmod
Joined Aug 2009
46 Posts
Yep, did read it, also noticed that they try to "chat out" of the problem instead of solving it, exactly same 2 things happened to me(first experience with a shop), super slow and lame excuse.
dmkmod is online now Find More Posts by dmkmod
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:49 PM
Find More Posts by sighkick
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
RCTimer or FPVModel to save $19?

Communications with RCTimer is slow but I will give them the benefit of the doubt because of the time difference between NZ and Hong Kong.

I am thinking of purchasing the SkyZone 3D FPV V2 Goggle + Dual camera and TX @ $509.99 as Nina Zhang has confirmed that they will arrange dispatch via DHL and the item is in stock now. They also advised that they will be off work on 1st - 3rd May for Chinese Labour Day.

Do they charge extra for payment via Paypal or do they absorb the merchant charges?

Alternatively, I can purchase via FPVModel.com @ $529 and the goods are definitely dispatched via DHL.

Your experiences welcomed - TIA

Dave (NZ)
sighkick is offline Find More Posts by sighkick
Old May 02, 2015, 03:18 AM
Find More Posts by cmavr8
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
2,352 Posts
If this is the same, I highly recommend using SZ. Not only against rctimer but against any other international shop. I'm not on their payroll but I had very positive experiences with them. Amazing store.

http://www.surveilzone.com/Skyzone-S...Goggles-g-1323
cmavr8 is offline Find More Posts by cmavr8