New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2015, 03:24 AM
Find More Posts by martinpc
Joined Feb 2015
11 Posts
Help!
ftoo9

I have 2 FT009 rc boats.Great value for money.Only one problem,the link between motor and prop shaft is plastic.In my case the black plastic T piece which is only a push fit on to the prop shaft came loose?It damaged the piece on the motor as well.Banggood have been very good and sent me a new motor,as they could not supply just the connector on the motor shaft.I then realized the problem was also theT piece on the prop shaft,so I ordered and have a new prop shaft,of course with the black T piece attached.Help,firstly what is the right or easiest way to change a prop without putting pressure on the T piece,which could then slip,as in my case,secondly how I remove the prop shaft so as to install my new one,it seems to me a major strip down?
Thanks Martinpc
martinpc is offline Find More Posts by martinpc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2015, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by Ondahelipad
United States, FL, Summerfield
Joined May 2014
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinpc View Post
I have 2 FT009 rc boats.Great value for money.Only one problem,the link between motor and prop shaft is plastic.In my case the black plastic T piece which is only a push fit on to the prop shaft came loose?It damaged the piece on the motor as well.Banggood have been very good and sent me a new motor,as they could not supply just the connector on the motor shaft.I then realized the problem was also theT piece on the prop shaft,so I ordered and have a new prop shaft,of course with the black T piece attached.Help,firstly what is the right or easiest way to change a prop without putting pressure on the T piece,which could then slip,as in my case,secondly how I remove the prop shaft so as to install my new one,it seems to me a major strip down?
Thanks Martinpc
Use needle nose pliers to gently grip the shaft just behind T piece. Then work the prop nut. Same for retighten.

To replace shaft. Remove shaft joint cover at forward end of interior brass shaft tube. Disconnect all leads to motor and ESC and servo. Remove the motor and mount together. Slide the shaft with T piece all the way forward and under ESC box. Then remove the shaft when it is clear of the brass shaft tube. Heavily grease the shaft with marine grease. Replace all in reverse order. Don't over tighten-strip screws as you proceed.
Ondahelipad is offline Find More Posts by Ondahelipad