SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2013, 10:50 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,341 Posts
Back in 2006, Mike Glass started this build thread ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=micro+ultim ) for a "Micro Ultimate" using some Depron and the guts from an Air Hogs plane. Many were built, and I did one. It flew great until the AH Rx developed a problem, so I let it languish in my "old plane boneyard". Every now and then I would glance at the remains of that now forlorn trooper and say to myself "C'mon, Jim, do it again for old times' sake" (I often talk to myself like that just for a sanity check....................................enuff!!).

This time around, I made the "airframe" out of 1 mm and 2 mm Tower Hobbies' Proformance foam (today's Durabatics). I didn't use the AH gear, except for a pair of motors and a matched set of L and R props. I mated the motors to a DelTang Rx43d and programmed the "twin steer" function at 25%. BOOM !! With a 50 mAH Mini Vapor battery, the AUW is 11.3 grams!! Early, limited test flights (gotta get to the gym) look very promising.

More to come........
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
to remove ads between posts