SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
RWD-8 and J-47

Hello again
New plan for today is published in 1957 in polish "Modelarz" magazine trainer aircraft RWD-8. One of basic training mashines used in polish air force before WW2, more than 550 build in Poland and several countries which bought licence. Plane constructed by the RWD team of Stanisław Rogalski, Stanisław Wigura and Jerzy Drzewiecki. Plans were prepared by F.Pawlowicz based on original plane instructions.

Second part of my todays post is plan of class A-2 sailplane designed by Jan Jastrzebski and named J-47

Wing span 1800mm
Model length 1180mm
Total weight 410g
Designed by Jan Jastrzebski
Planes published in 1957 in Modelarz 1/1957

Enjoy!
DukeRoger is offline Find More Posts by DukeRoger
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
Rwd-9

Duke,
Had the RWD-9 plans done at the copy shop today,($8.75Can.) can't beat that, and those plans are just great. Do you have the plans for the RWD-8 too? it would be great if you had them, thanks to you and all the people that makes this site so great.
Cato.
pappaflyer is offline Find More Posts by pappaflyer
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:18 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,272 Posts
Folks,
I have had a few nervous moments while the clerk at the copying store looks at the 8 1/2 x 11 and decides if they want to enlarge it for me. (not like I'm a criminal but they make you feel like it).
Anyhow, while they are pondering their next sentence, I quickly observe, "I am aware of the Federal Fair Trade Laws and I am not violating any with this drawing."
Whatever that means, it settles their conscience and they have no further questions.
Works for me.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:01 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52 View Post
Folks,
I have had a few nervous moments while the clerk at the copying store looks at the 8 1/2 x 11 and decides if they want to enlarge it for me. (not like I'm a criminal but they make you feel like it).
Anyhow, while they are pondering their next sentence, I quickly observe, "I am aware of the Federal Fair Trade Laws and I am not violating any with this drawing."
Whatever that means, it settles their conscience and they have no further questions.
Works for me.
It's funny 'cause it's true.

g
giuseppi is online now Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Jul 2011
43 Posts
Johnspop and Guiseppi-- I apologize. I misread and therefore misunderstood what Johnspop wrote about the issue. After I read your comments I went back and reread what Johnspop had written. I was wrong. I know it's no excuse, but blame it on too many hours at work and not enough sleep.Guess you will have to go back to the early posts and find Planeman's electric chair and 50+Airyears' pepperbox gun and do what's gotta be done.

One Cut
One Cut is offline Find More Posts by One Cut
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:11 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
No problem. Simple misunderstanding.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:12 AM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaflyer View Post
Duke,
Had the RWD-9 plans done at the copy shop today,($8.75Can.) can't beat that, and those plans are just great. Do you have the plans for the RWD-8 too? it would be great if you had them, thanks to you and all the people that makes this site so great.
Cato.
Hello
I'm trying to find something from my collegues. Lets see.

Duke
DukeRoger is offline Find More Posts by DukeRoger
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Jan 2010
13 Posts
Please help in getting plan for Perseus 18" Span Duration Model of Mercury Models. It was distributed by Henry J Nicholls Ltd London N.7 England. This model actually belongs to their Mercury Starflite series of Semi-scale Rubber Models. I have kit and instruction sheet but not the plan to build the model
paperplane is offline Find More Posts by paperplane
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:37 PM
United States, IL, Edinburg
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
23 Minute Senior Cabin Model

Here is a full-size PDF format plan for the rubber-powered 23 Minute Senior Cabin Model, designed by Kenneth Lane and published in the December 1939 issue of Model Airplane News.

This plan was apparently not accompanied by a construction article. I used the metric of 30.875" (5/8" + 23 1/2" + 6 3/4") as given for the overall fuselage length to scale this plan. The flat wingspan is given as 39.5".

Given the name but lacking a conventional cabin, I assume the fuselage must have met the stipulated cross-section area requirements for a cabin model circa 1939.

Bob Keller
scaleviews.com is offline Find More Posts by scaleviews.com
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
Rwd-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeRoger View Post
Hello
I'm trying to find something from my collegues. Lets see.

Duke
Thanks Duke, no hurry.
Cato.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
Perseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplane View Post
Please help in getting plan for Perseus 18" Span Duration Model of Mercury Models. It was distributed by Henry J Nicholls Ltd London N.7 England. This model actually belongs to their Mercury Starflite series of Semi-scale Rubber Models. I have kit and instruction sheet but not the plan to build the model
Here is one that i had, not what you asked for but looks like around 20 inches.
Cato.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:16 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplane View Post
Derick Scott at www.model-plans.co.uk has the Starflite Perseus plan. Derick is NOT a profiteer and his plans collection is a valuable resource worthy of support, it is where I got the plan of the Starflite Mars which I used for the 2x electric R/C scale up I recently built for the Britkit Build Off http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1685494
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:14 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaflyer View Post
Here is one that i had, not what you asked for but looks like around 20 inches.
Cato.
FWIW, based on root chord of 4.75" the span works out to ~34"
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
Perseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
FWIW, based on root chord of 4.75" the span works out to ~34"
Sorry about that, a little quick on the draw. you are right, but he could scale it down as it looks like a nice little plan.
Cato.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Andy Lennon's Swan

Hello everyone,

I have a particular request.

Andy Lennon's Swan canard design featured on October 1989 Model Builder.
This plan should not be posted here, so please, would you send me a PM in case some one finds it?

All the best.

Ar.
argat1 is offline Find More Posts by argat1