HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:49 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Have fun bro! Take pics. Have a lobster for me!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:01 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Stihl HP Ultra 32:1 cradle to grave.
I'll second that It also has an ethanol conditioner built in as well.....

Kerwin, make sure to get the HP Ultra and not just the Ultra. The HP is the synthetic blend...
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:04 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Good Monday Morn Kiddies

Bill nice vids and awesome fun you guys are having I love that stuff

DOG what you want me to send you an MP3 Of the sound track Or whole vid?

Kerwin That was the orignial WOS video I reposted so Snowman could see I have no choice but to post his WOS because of what Tri City club policy is LOL Maybe you should get a Signed Rain check from your wife for the foamy so you don't lose it LOL

Brathanke The edge worked out awesome !! It was a little on the nose heavy Side though so I didn't do much 3D stuff with it at all, It pulled vertical no problem at all but I just tested a few things out on its maiden flight to see what the stall speed was, and could see some wing rock going on as I went for slow attitude up maneuvers. The 91FX is perfect as it has great vertical but I don't think It carried the speed on a flat out fly by I thought it was going too have, but was still awesome flying, I'm swinging a 15 x 4 ApC right now I also had everything mounted with the intentions of having my RC Pilot in place for the CG to be a touch aft for the maiden But I didn't get the pilot yet. so I didn't get crazy with it at all as I hope to really get some good practice in so I can finally am able to do some good 3D with her.

Videos will be up soon I'm sure, My friend Tek took a vid for me so as soon its posted I'll have that up and the T_ _ _ T flight which was also nose heavy. I needed to cut a battery hatch into it but didn't have a chance before opening day.

Alright This week I plan on getting the Snowman visit Vids together That was such an awesome day.
A guy in our club has the same plane and he was flying it Saturday...seems like a really nice plane. The only bad tendency I saw, which seems to be common among Aeroworks planes is that it tends to snap out a bit on hard elevator. Seems to track really nice though!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:52 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,198 Posts
Waldo, great plane! I'm diggin the scheme and can't wait to see some vids. Balance her just forward of neutral so she loves the precision as well.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:54 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,198 Posts
Just started practicing the sportsman sequence on g5.5. Boy it's a lot tougher than it looks. I haven't quite got it memorized yet so it's hard to polish but flying through it a few times I can tell it's going to take a number of hours to master and hopefully I'll be a lot better pilot from the effort Once I get it down I'm going to try to learn to fly it just as well on high rates
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Excellent Snowman !!! Enjoy that Nice East coast line for sure and don't forget to get some of those famous Lobster rolls up there, I just mention lobster roll to my old neighbor about Maine and watch the saliva drool from his mouth LOL And what are you talking about What about rigged the plane, A popped off control horn ROTFLOL

CR1 yes I've heard a few stories about it snapping out of a Hard Elevator input but I haven't noticed that yet, I was thinking that might happen if the CG is too far forward but I'm sure it will show up on me as soon as I start to play hard with it. lol

Brathanke Yes it seems to track like shes on rails, I love it, and for good 3D don't I want to get Aft of the CG ? Or does this plane do well right on or a tad in front of the CG ?
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:08 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Excellent Snowman !!! Enjoy that Nice East coast line for sure and don't forget to get some of those famous Lobster rolls up there, I just mention lobster roll to my old neighbor about Maine and watch the saliva drool from his mouth LOL And what are you talking about What about rigged the plane, A popped off control horn ROTFLOL

CR1 yes I've heard a few stories about it snapping out of a Hard Elevator input but I haven't noticed that yet, I was thinking that might happen if the CG is too far forward but I'm sure it will show up on me as soon as I start to play hard with it. lol

Brathanke Yes it seems to track like shes on rails, I love it, and for good 3D don't I want to get Aft of the CG ? Or does this plane do well right on or a tad in front of the CG ?
Honestly Waldo, all of my 3D planes have the CG set just a hair nose heavy. That's where I like to fly them as they tend to track, land and balloon a lot less and it seems to have no detrimental effect on performing any 3D moves. However, this of course is always a matter of personal preference so by all means, experiment
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:40 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
DOG what you want me to send you an MP3 Of the sound track Or whole vid?
Just an MP3 version, the wife and I was watching and laughing last night, I thought I would gather up some clips, get some new ones and make on this year...

HEY.... Twistaholic 2012 contest! Using only videos clips we have recorded ourselves, with your tune, and set up a panel of judges. Winner gets bragging rights and what ever we can scratch up.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
That elevator thing is no big deal is it? That just means you can get more than enough elevator! I think most will snap at some point with enough elevator, am I wrong? Just find where that spot is and dial it back just a smidge!!
I think my Sabre will snap somewhere upwards of 50 degrees, it even says so in the manual. I'm not too worried about it frankly.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Last edited by plowboy1966; Apr 16, 2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Stupid iPhone!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:57 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,198 Posts
waldo I'm late to the party but what Tom said is right. you make a big sacrifice balancing a plane tail heavy. might be a smidge easier to hover but everything else will suffer. I like my planes just forward of neutral. There... glad I can give something back You guys pretty much raised me in terms of helping me learn to fly and tune engines and such. Maybe I'm starting to finally grow up so to speak

I used a tired 4s lipo to start my car today
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:07 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
waldo I'm late to the party but what Tom said is right. you make a big sacrifice balancing a plane tail heavy. might be a smidge easier to hover but everything else will suffer. I like my planes just forward of neutral. There... glad I can give something back You guys pretty much raised me in terms of helping me learn to fly and tune engines and such. Maybe I'm starting to finally grow up so to speak

I used a tired 4s lipo to start my car today
I have seen that very same light..., I missed the party all together, got to back read.
First Flight, set all surfaces to neutral fly, land, move CG, repeat until its right on with just a smidge forward, to need a little down stick while inverted. Lateral Balance was on the build table. Do a power up line to check motor incidence, do a no power downline to validate wing incidence. Knife edge mix if any needed after that.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,198 Posts
Just because it's funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BzjLlqIuVhI
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:44 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
That elevator thing is no big deal is it? That just means you can get more than enough elevator! I think most will snap at some point with enough elevator, am I wrong? Just find where that spot is and dial it back just a smidge!!
I think my Sabre will snap somewhere upwards of 50 degrees, it even says so in the manual. I'm not too worried about it frankly.
Well, my aeroworks extra 300 snapped out with anything semi agressive and it drove me nuts....just doing a clean loop was a challenge without it migrating. I probably had a bad plane...who knows.

I have 55 degrees of elevator on my EF's and i can do a full speed wall and it just stays straight as an arrow. Same with my gasser Slick
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:45 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
LOLOLOL....now that was classic!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:48 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,198 Posts
I can hit full up elevator in a full throttle dive with my 3dhs 51" slick and it doesn't snap.