SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:59 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,311 Posts
What a great cross over, we got fast boats, we have sheetboats, we have scale boats, cars and trucks, and planes and helicopters!!!!
And we all get along !!!
Gotta love the "DAM"
gpzy is online now Find More Posts by gpzy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:03 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,984 Posts
Okay I gotta ask. RC planes were banned from that dirt lot a couple of years ago after an incident The Park & Rec, or LA City. posted several signs all along that area that showed a silhouette of an airplane and the signs stated :Model Aircraft Flying Prohibited and had some Ordinance number.

So, has the City rescinded the ban?

Have guys just said "screw it" and ripped down the signs?

I would love it if the field were "legit" again for r/c flying. I started flying in that same dirt lot back in 1974!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Apr 2007
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Okay I gotta ask. RC planes were banned from that dirt lot a couple of years ago after an incident The Park & Rec, or LA City. posted several signs all along that area that showed a silhouette of an airplane and the signs stated :Model Aircraft Flying Prohibited and had some Ordinance number.

So, has the City rescinded the ban?

Have guys just said "screw it" and ripped down the signs?

I would love it if the field were "legit" again for r/c flying. I started flying in that same dirt lot back in 1974!
The field had plenty of people out this past Sunday. No one asked them to leave. Even had a nice big gas plane flying around.
I don't fly, but I can see them from the dock, plenty of park rangers were around. My guess is they would be the ones to enforce any ban on flying in the park.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:49 AM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,767 Posts
Yup.........The person I call Aviator linn who actually flies his own plane out of Whiteman Airport has been keeping me informed the last couple years with all the court dates and such...They have been in court fighting to get it back...Well needless to say...they are flying again...Had some LA's Finest Black and White watching and asking about were to buy also....I asked my friend Scott who was flying The big Gasser on the last page and informed me that they have some sort of Insurance also.........
rikyrik2112 is offline Find More Posts by rikyrik2112
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:47 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,984 Posts
Sweet!

Thanks for the update Rick.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:12 AM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,767 Posts
OK I Had To Do This!!!Found This one in The HDV Archives.......................
Hansen Dam Halloween 09 (6 min 17 sec)
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:30 AM
Joined Apr 2007
3,311 Posts
WOW !!! Time flys !!!!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:12 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Shark!
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,311 Posts
All I can say is I had a great weekend, with about six hours spent on the water at Hansen Dam !!!
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:17 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,767 Posts
Wow What a Weekend at HD!!!!!,,,Great Weather,Great Company as always,and Great Fun!!...We Had A Great Showing of HDV's,HDI"s and Friends...We Had Lots of Action...and Great Builds out there...IN Attendance in no particular order!!!........I rolled up to HD Thinking I was going to b first there at 7:35 and yup There was Bob Set up and enjoying a nice Golden morning Lake View...also...Gary the Master water board Maker,also had Farbar Joe...out with Mystic and Camaro16teener...had Cris Cross out with Cup Racer,had Flyer Scott Out with Miss VEGAS out for sum review,,had his Brother with him also and he Bought my Impulse 31 so he is in like Flynn......We had The Man Dennis who is coming on Strong lately with his Assault Fleet!!..he also Brought his Brother and Hope to c him next week also...Had Alfredo out with his Brother Carlos and his new Delta Force Cat...Congrats on That..alfredo And Two kids were also There... Had His bad Boy..TOYSPORT CAT...also Had IRonman Chad out with his eveready Mystic..Also the World Famous Flyer nick was out with his Arsenal of Weapons!!!!! We also Had Lu out with his table of Fun...had Juan and Nick out with Geico,airboat,Traxxas rally....WoW...lets see....We Had Ray From Robins out With Crispy Creme and Coffe bean Delights....Really ,really Kool Ray Thanks For that!!!...also Had Rob And His Son Jack out with there arsenal of Tesla Goodies...and thanks for the Huge Bowl of Halloween Candy!!......Aviator Linn was out with his UL-1....Edgar was out with Airboat,,,wow...lot to remember....we Had Manny Mota out with sum Orange Crush and Hotdog!!........ok we had Mr Phong out with his crazy table of faast Electrics..also had Little Andrew Hanging out......BrAAAd Was out with his eveready Geico and sum Sheets hanging out...and Best for Last...We had Kmot out with His Table of Parking lot racers and we did have sum great racing moments racing Tom..Kool to cya and Dice With ya TOM...and we also Had Barnacle Bob out which is always Cool with his Scratchmade Wooden Masterpieces...he had a COOL sUb this time...SHIIIISH,,,,that was alot....thanks everyone for the Good Times....Sorry If I forgot to mention you..........M8issed all who couldnt make it...and.....Stay Thirsty My Friend's..!!!! P.S.....Thanks for sharing the Kool Pics SD...sorry if I got to Close flying by your Boat in that Speedboat..!!.....LOL....oh and also....Had An AwesomeWeekend and Day Sailing with You Manny and the Buds Today.....THANK"S For ALL YOUR HELP TODAY!!!...your Awesome...also will have sum good pics from Today Sunday At HD...Motorcycle Show there today..got PICS?/...lol...And OH YEA...I got to See The one and only MADCHAD and Family today..He Also was Sailing His Sanibel!!Nice 2 cya Chad..
Last edited by rikyrik2112; Nov 05, 2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:44 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,984 Posts
Thanks for the awesome report as always Rick!

Quote:
Bob's Kool Boat....what is That
That's his World War I motor torpedo boat. British navy, I think.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:47 AM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Thanks for the awesome report as always Rick!

That's his World War I motor torpedo boat. British navy, I think.
THX Tom,Torpedo boat is Kool....Well here are some vids from Saturday...Some Mystic Ul-1 action...and SumCrazy Lou and Phong Reefracer Bash to the Death..!!!...lolll
hansen dam violators Ul-1's...ROB ,,,,RIK,,,,,RED and BlueMystic..Joe... (3 min 25 sec)
Ul-1 Racing with Rob,Red....Rikyrik,Yellow..and phongs Arrowana (4 min 26 sec)
Hansen Zig Zag Bash to the DEATH.. (1 min 54 sec)
Also sum Sunday pics..
Last edited by rikyrik2112; Nov 05, 2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,984 Posts
Chances are good that Jay Leno was there. He usually hits the local car and motorcycle shows.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:58 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
I thought I spotted Rik driving that speedboat when it flew by us.

Sounds like a great day at the lake with friends. You guys have the life.

The vintage Triumph motorcycle is great.

Thanks for the pics and reports.
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater