Rotor Type: Fixed Pitch Single Rotor
Experience Level: Beginner
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly
Type: Fixed pitch flybarless electric helicopter
Main Rotor Diameter: 16.1 in (410mm)
Main Rotor Blade Length: 185mm
Tail Rotor Diameter: 2.4 in (62mm)
Main Motor Size: 3900Kv brushless
Battery: 11.1V 3S 800mAh 30C LiPo (included)
Tail Drive: Direct Drive
Length: 14.8 in (375mm)
Width: 3.94 in (100mm)
Height: 5.31 in (135mm)
Flying Weight: 8.82 oz (250 g)
Approximate Flight Time: 8-12 minutes
Number of Channels: 4

Horizon's Promo Video:
200 SR X RTF & BNF by BLADE (1 min 51 sec)

Outdoor Flight and SAFE Demo(Thanks Paul1PA)
Unofficial Video - Blade 200 SR X (2 min 43 sec)

Thanks NOTAR 600 for finding these pictures!

Raylon is offline Find More Posts by Raylon
Last edited by Raylon; May 31, 2014 at 06:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2014, 04:40 AM
Fishmonger extraordinaire!
United Kingdom, Falmouth
Joined Aug 2012
16 Posts
Hmmmm, how does it compare to the Sr?

I take it the three flight modes are just a three-way switch for throw? I do like the idea of a panic button though!
Tinbum is offline Find More Posts by Tinbum
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:51 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
2,399 Posts
Suppose its nice, but a 200 size should have a main-driven tail.

Prefer the new 300X personally.
rcminiman is offline Find More Posts by rcminiman
Old Jan 29, 2014, 07:09 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbum View Post
Hmmmm, how does it compare to the Sr?

I take it the three flight modes are just a three-way switch for throw? I do like the idea of a panic button though!
SR is C/P this is fixed pitch and fbl. different heli. Strange they would go for a F/P heli with all clone knokoffs. No FBL clones this size.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 29, 2014, 08:24 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,467 Posts
All of the currently available FP helis are low quality, self-stabilizing models that require considerable modifications and constantly wear out motors, because they are waaay over-weight. They are poor for learning. This could be a real game changer, an FP heli you can actually learn with. Anyone who has tried the SAFE flight controller will tell you it's one hell of a piece of electronics. Extremely precise and responsive, way above the competition. I will need to buy one. Blade also announced a 200Qx quad. I'll probably need to buy one of those, too.

I disagree about the needing a belt or shaft drive tail. Motor driven tails are inherently more durable and simple. The knock has always been the brushed motor tails can't keep up and wear out too fast. I (and others) have used brushless tails where the tail is offset, with no problems at all. The Hirobo Quark SG uses a brushless tail and is perfectly capable performing any moves you would care to try. The knock on brushless tail motors was that brushless motors didn't respond fast enough, and was primarily due to using the wrong ESC and having to go through a signal converter, to attach to a board meant to handle a brushed tail motor.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jan 29, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:18 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2013
948 Posts
I want it
handy2 is offline Find More Posts by handy2
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:37 AM
Fishmonger extraordinaire!
United Kingdom, Falmouth
Joined Aug 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
SR is C/P this is fixed pitch and fbl. different heli. Strange they would go for a F/P heli with all clone knokoffs. No FBL clones this size.
Aw man! How'd I miss that?

So, an easy to fly FP with no pendulum effect that's easy to see at 30 yards. I could've found my 120sr replacement......
Tinbum is offline Find More Posts by Tinbum
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:06 PM
Joined Aug 2013
347 Posts
it looks good but does anyone know when it will be in stock
sweets is offline Find More Posts by sweets
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:59 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
I was so excited about this one. Perfect size, SAFE tech. Now I come to this thread and see that's it's fixed pitch. Worthless.... So it can blow away in the wind? Try to get it back against the wind and all the FBL tech in the world won't keep it stable once the headspeed spools down. Dang, would have sold like hotcakes.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:01 PM
Joined Nov 2013
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets View Post
it looks good but does anyone know when it will be in stock
Late May:

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/R...#quickOverview
MIAM is offline Find More Posts by MIAM
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:32 PM
welder I have also now, hehe
Spain, Principality of Asturias, Ribadesella
Joined May 2013
268 Posts
FANTASTIC 4CH
I WANT ONE
vicio911 is offline Find More Posts by vicio911
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:41 PM
United States, AL, Gurley
Joined Jan 2014
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I was so excited about this one. Perfect size, SAFE tech. Now I come to this thread and see that's it's fixed pitch. Worthless.... So it can blow away in the wind? Try to get it back against the wind and all the FBL tech in the world won't keep it stable once the headspeed spools down. Dang, would have sold like hotcakes.
I learned to fly with a Blade msrx and if the wind was going to blow a fixed pitch fbl heli around it would be that one. The only real affect the wind had on it was that it would go up and down a little with the gust, but I got use to that and it was no big deal. Now that I fly much larger cp heli's the wind still only affects them in an up and down way not a side to side. I feel that a fixed pitch fbl heli is the best to learn with and the larger 200SR X can only be easier to fly, especially in the wind.
Dr.Ripp is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Ripp
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:49 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Ripp View Post
I learned to fly with a Blade msrx and if the wind was going to blow a fixed pitch fbl heli around it would be that one. The only real affect the wind had on it was that it would go up and down a little with the gust, but I got use to that and it was no big deal. Now that I fly much larger cp heli's the wind still only affects them in an up and down way not a side to side. I feel that a fixed pitch fbl heli is the best to learn with and the larger 200SR X can only be easier to fly, especially in the wind.
I have that one too as well as several CP birds. But I do not see enough strength in correction with the MSRX. When there is wind, you get translational lift. Then you reduce throttle to bring it down, and cyclic authority dumps when you do that and the heli wobbles around with little control as the FBL controller and you try to get it to move in a desired direction.

Let me rephrase my opinion of this new heli. It looks great for beginners in little to no wind. But once you learn collective pitch, and use idle up and negative pitch to get down in wind, you just can't go back. Maybe this one is different with it's symmetrical blades, I don't know. I just got my hopes up for something I could fly anywhere with a bail out.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:50 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Ripp View Post
Yeah I fly my mSR X in light winds and as long as I compensate with the left stick, it flies great.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2014, 01:54 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
was hoping it was a cp
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle