HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:57 AM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,502 Posts
George

Thanks for posting the pictures, great job.

Rob

The burgers came from Costco. Some were the 1/3 lb sirloin, others were the regular 1/4 lb jobbies. Glad you were able to make it.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian Allen is offline Find More Posts by Brian Allen
Old Jul 28, 2013, 01:13 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,502 Posts
Greetings All

Well yesterday we pulled off our 14th Annual Electric Flyin. Had a great day. Weather report for the day was less than stellar, it was calling for 10 to 15 MPH winds and T storms in the afternoon. As usual, however, the weather dudes got it wrong. The day was cloudy most of the time with some peaks of sun from time to time that kept the temps to the low 80's. Humidity was tolerable which is rare this time of year in NOVA. Best part was that the predicted winds never really materialized. It was mostly calm to light winds for most of the day. After about 1 PM they started picking up a bit and some ominous looking clouds moved in. This was after lunch and the raffle so when the storms finally did show up about 2:30 most everyone had seen the signs of the coming rains and had packed up. So we got most of the day for a lot of great flying. Planes and quads were in the air all day long.

We had 42 registered pilots and a fair turnout of spectators. Lunch was served and we had our raffle, after which most of the guys continued to fly some more before noticing the coming rains and packing up.

Would like to thank all the LCAA members that helped out yesterday to make the flyin a success. I would also like to thank Hobby Hangar, Castle Creations, BP Hobbies among others for providing some very nice items for our raffle. Special thanks to Ron Anderson, our CD, George Sulucz for taking all the wonderful pictures posted above and Bill Waller our intrepid Parking Maven.

If anyone who attended has any pics of video please fell free to post.

The 15th Annual Loudoun County Aeromodelers Electric Flyin is scheduled for Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Banshee Reeks park. As soon as you get a 2014 calendar, mark off the date!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian Allen is offline Find More Posts by Brian Allen
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:56 PM
United States, VA, Reston
Joined Sep 2001
20 Posts
Hex copter video

This is a link to a video I made from my hex copter at the fun fly:

LCAA Electric Fly 2013 (1 min 29 sec)

--Arlen
Arlen Harbaugh is offline Find More Posts by Arlen Harbaugh
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:38 AM
Herndon, VA
Joined Oct 2005
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Allen View Post
Weather report for the day was less than stellar, it was calling for 10 to 15 MPH winds and T storms in the afternoon. As usual, however, the weather dudes got it wrong.
Wrong? That's precisely what we got, isn't it? We definitely got thunderstorms in the afternoon and there was definitely 10 or 15 knots above those trees. Didn't stop nobody though!
RE
Edmonds is offline Find More Posts by Edmonds
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:20 PM
Left, NO your other left!
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Jun 2008
792 Posts
WOW, looks like you guys had a great turnout. I'm so bummed that I had to miss it.
-Andrew
weathervane is offline Find More Posts by weathervane
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:48 PM
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2011
798 Posts
This was my first fly in. Had a great time. Thanks to everyone for their hard work!!
ATC Chilli is offline Find More Posts by ATC Chilli
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:37 PM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Dec 2010
273 Posts
Had a great time there.
It has been 12 years since I last flew and that was F3A.
I joined the club there on the spot and tried blowing the cob-webs off my OLDER
fingers. Did not do to bad but the plane needs a bit of proper balancing.

will be heading back to the field in a couple weeks to start having more fun.

Carl
carlnoki is offline Find More Posts by carlnoki
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:22 AM
Ashburn VA
Joined Feb 2010
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlen Harbaugh View Post
This is a link to a video I made from my hex copter at the fun fly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnWjd...ature=youtu.be

--Arlen
Arlen,
Great video? Is that a gopro camera?

I hate I missed the event--looks like another success.
Cheers
Alan Davis
regalmat is offline Find More Posts by regalmat
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:55 AM
United States, VA, Reston
Joined Sep 2001
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by regalmat View Post
Arlen,
Great video? Is that a gopro camera?

I hate I missed the event--looks like another success.
Cheers
Alan Davis
Alan,
Yes, the video was taken with a GoPro Hero 3 camera. I have it mounted on a gimbal with stabilization.
--Arlen
Arlen Harbaugh is offline Find More Posts by Arlen Harbaugh
Last edited by Arlen Harbaugh; Jul 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo