HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:16 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
OK, so it's an easy mod/fix. Not like my bum Turnigy 9xr that I have to return or part out. I was so excited about this radio, but the pots are garbage and wont center so it's a paperweight. On another note I got a new Turnigy GTX3 radio. Comments were that the expo was fixed on that one. It is flysky but does not look like either the GT3b or c. Display is the same. It was only $37 and I ordered it along with a boat from Hobbyking USA warehouse so shipping was negligible. I decided it was not worth the expense nor especially my time to fix my GT3b. I just treat it as a radio with no steering expo. It does work for throttle, but I have to be careful with reverse because it's ultra sensitive in reverse. I know they make this stuff cheap, but it has to work. They do no testing nor do they care. Horrible people to make stuff like this. At least the Turnigy 9x works out of the box. I have 2 of those.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 04:31 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
It is an easy fix. They overshot with styling by moving the power button to the wheel but did not take care of the proper flexible wiring and supporting the moving wires. That is a bad one since just about every gt3c must have busted the wires. after that it is just about done if you are not a fiddler by nature.

In all gt3c is a very stylish upgrade. It looks good (I have the black/orange), is lighter with battery than gt3b without batteries, is 1s lithium powered, usb charging, has two handle inserts to fit big and small hands. Flysky has the idea but they messed up couple small details in so chinese way.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:02 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
The power button wire broke after a short use on my gt3c. I replaced the wires with silicone ones and secured them with hot melt glue. I am quite confident it is fine now. Stock wires get wiggled broken near the solders.
Sounds like you tackled the problem in a good way. And such issues are usually what seperates a decent product from a really great one. Shame that such a small detail can have so much effect. I think quite a few owners of this transmitter will have encountered this sooner or later, and might even have dunked the transmitter, thinking it's broken down completely, and start complaining how much junk it is.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member