HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:03 AM
Chad H Fly`n Farmer
Ancaster, Ontario Canada
Joined Nov 2007
275 Posts
Question
Looking for 3 view or PDF of "The Agaton" by Karlstrom

I done a search on the "Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY" thread, but no luck on this one.

But I see AMA has it, but me being the cheap impatient fellow I am, i thought I would give you guys a shot first for a magazine scan before I order.

It is plan AMA#20031, or Pond 1B4.

It was published in "Flying ........?" ( can`t figure out what magazine by the SAM description or the AMA description) magazine, July 1943.

I like the scale looks of it, and thought it would make a different model with it`s short wings. Needs to be blown up a bit bigger though to 60 to 72 inches.

I have a 3-view of the Gee Bee Z on my wall by Bjorn Karlstrom out of a old 70`s RC Sprortsman magazine,and It`s just gotta be by the same fellow with a name like that into planes.
Chad H is offline Find More Posts by Chad H
Last edited by Chad H; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:18 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,532 Posts
Chad, if I ever get the Lancer in the air, can I get a copy of your Peerless "Mercury" plans? Or how about I start it and you finish it?

U/C this year, yes. It’s going to be a PeaceMaker. Can frame one for you too?

Oh, and I do have something coming from the “skunk works”. This one will be in the air this spring.

Bill mentioned that he wanted something really fast. How fast is fast? Could be a pylon .40 or up, which I wouldn’t be able to see and follow.

I’ll be out to see you, have a few books to drop off.

John
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:21 AM
Chad H Fly`n Farmer
Ancaster, Ontario Canada
Joined Nov 2007
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
Chad, if I ever get the Lancer in the air, can I get a copy of your Peerless "Mercury" plans? Or how about I start it and you finish it?

U/C this year, yes. It’s going to be a PeaceMaker. Can frame one for you too?

Oh, and I do have something coming from the “skunk works”. This one will be in the air this spring.

Bill mentioned that he wanted something really fast. How fast is fast? Could be a pylon .40 or up, which I wouldn’t be able to see and follow.

I’ll be out to see you, have a few books to drop off.

John
John-
I already started a Mercury (all the hard parts are done, and it`s down hill from there) about 4 years ago, and this winter I elected yet again not to finish it, or build my Powerhouse kit, because I do not feel like emptying out my spray booth for a silk and dope job, which these two will be. I have become very lazy lately.

I will copy you up a set of plans of the original Merc, when we see that Lancer fly. I am again not holding my breath there though. It is at that critical JohnAV8tor stage, where it is just near completion, but something else has became more attractive, and it sits in modeling limbo.

If I do a UC, it will be the Steve Wooley Cobra which I have the original AMA plans for, plus a Brodak short kit (Brodak plans suck, and change the original). Nothing else will do, and again it will be silk and dope, and yet again it that happening this winter.

The whole idea of these planes is building them. That`s the fun of it for me. That`s why I`m inquiring about the Agaton. I want to carve a little balsa this winter, but nothing to elaborate. Maybe a old timer, or maybe a golden age stand off scale like the Turner-Laird Special. I`m not sure yet. I`m a fussy shag. I just wan`t to stick it together quick, during the next month or two of nights, and finish it in crummy, blasphemous, no place on a old time model, plastic heat shrink covering (what a way to ruin a nice old timer), and a quickly install a electric motor. No matter how stupid they sound and look in a supposed vintage or antique.

That`s my plan. Now get back to work down there in your dungeon on your seven or eight models you got on the go there dude. We all on here wan`t to see at least one completed this spring. My pipe dreams are bad enough, you don`t wan`t to be involved in them too.......lmao.

Chad.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:31 AM
Chad H Fly`n Farmer
Ancaster, Ontario Canada
Joined Nov 2007
275 Posts
Here is another model I wish to have plans or a good three view for.

I seen this beautiful finished version on the Czech republic SAM 78 chapter.

It has a simple, but well proportioned scale-like out line.

Very tasteful model with that well done aluminum cowl.

It is on the SAM approved list as a Czech design by Sirka with a span of 68 inches.
Last edited by Chad H; Jan 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:39 AM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad H View Post
Here is another model I wish to have plans or a good three view for.

I seen this beautiful finished version on the Czec republic SAM 78 chapter.

It has a simple, but well proportioned scale-like out line.

Very tasteful model with that well done aluminum cowl.
Ohh..that's just lovely, isnt it? I want one too.....
CashRC is offline Find More Posts by CashRC