SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:24 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
This heli is supposed to be equipped with a system to automatically switch off the main motor once the blades come in contact with something. However I am still not 100% certain what you are referring to exactly when you mention guides. Watch the gobelus YouTube clip on this heli and you'll see what I mean.
The "Main Shaft", as it is called at http://www.feala.com/mjx-F645-F45-RC...-F45-parts.htm is the plastic part that sits atop of the hollow tube. The rotor grips and flybar attach to it, and the red "hat" screws into the top of it. At it's bottom are "U" shaped guides that the lower connecting rods go through. Without the guides, the heli wobbles like crazy, presumably because the swashplate bearing is being pulled by the lower connecting rods and trying to rotate with the blades.
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Thats what I see as the only major downfall of the F45........the transmitter is garbage. Wish it bound with the 9X.
you could always try a mod like I did to my 9116

I used a 3 in 1 mixer esc gyro from a Honey Bee FP & a receiver that will bind to your radio.

my self I have no problems with the MJX radio other than the cheap feel

my DH 9116 had a major range problem loosing signal from 30 to 40 ft so after several crashes & 4 cracked canopies I converted it over to use with my spektrum LP5DSM radio that I also use for my blade CX2 & HQ852 and I have had no crashes since

the 3 in 1 I used is for a 7.4v heli with brushed single rotor with electric tail motor
3in1 Controller EK2-0701

http://www.xheli.com/ek2-0701.html
JoeNezZ is offline Find More Posts by JoeNezZ
Last edited by JoeNezZ; Jul 08, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Scott, I have a V200D01 (V911,Z101,9101.Sh8831 to). The F45 ( I own 2 of them) is a lot cheaper to buy, need no repair compare to the V200D01, can take crashes with the grass easily , not so with the Walkera, fly a lot better compare to the unpredictable, rocking, wobbling V200D01. The Walkera is a bit faster, smother and hover better. The F45 is a pleasure to fly, simple fun compare to the wet hands V200D01 flying. With the V911, the F45 in the only helicopter I bought twice.
Thanks, just to be clear - I'm not trying to compare to or replace the V200, I'm starting to like it and my hands are drying out with experience.
I am looking to replace my CX with something of similar size with a lot of built in stability for night flying. This is usually in my back yard that has about a 50' flyable diameter below the leaves that narrows and then opens up with altitude, which is only achievable when the wind dies completely.
So it is not a big area. My nearby flying area is much bigger and not that I won't fly it there, but I don't need it for there.
I don't care if it slips or wobbles so long as it has a very strong tendancy to stay upright! Is this it? Simple fun in the dark with no stress is what I am after!
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:32 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
I don't care if it slips or wobbles so long as it has a very strong tendancy to stay upright! Is this it? Simple fun in the dark with no stress is what I am after!
If you put the aileron linkage on the outer most servo arm hole, and turn all the channels up to 100% on the Tx and fly the F-45 relatively "mellow" (ie, don't push it too hard in the corners), then it's a nice relaxing flying heli IMO.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:03 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
The only time my F45 decided to stop being upright was when flying full speed into an approximately 10km/h (16mph) wind. and even then it was a case of it tipped it's nose forward into the wind and nose dived. The resulting ground kissing was pilot error, not the helicopters.

For casual flying in your yard, this thing will hover all day. It is so stable I can hover it in my small living area without issue:

MJX-F45 Indoors (4 min 27 sec)

And the fact that you can take it out to a large field and fly it like any other FP means you can fly it in your yard at night as well as take it to the field for a flight alongside your other helis.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Last edited by slothy89; Jul 14, 2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Changed Video
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:27 AM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quick Q guy's...

I just got my F45 and noticed something odd when I pulled it out of the box and set it on the shelf...The vertical stabilizer is taller than the landing gear/skid. Meaning; it's so tall that the skids will not sit flat before the VS hits the ground...Huh??? Is this normal??? Seems like a hard landing would put the smack-down on the tail boom before the skids could absorb the impact...

(Not flown yet, because I'm still cutting my teeth on my V911 )

Thanks,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:38 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,217 Posts
Wait till you set in on grass. Then you will like tall fin. I exten all my rear fins as learned about what grass does to tail rotors.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:39 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Quick Q guy's...

I just got my F45 and noticed something odd when I pulled it out of the box and set it on the shelf...The vertical stabilizer is taller than the landing gear/skid. Meaning; it's so tall that the skids will not sit flat before the VS hits the ground...Huh??? Is this normal??? Seems like a hard landing would put the smack-down on the tail boom before the skids could absorb the impact...

Thanks,

-Pat
Care to take a photo of your heli on a flat surface from the side view?

The skids should sit flat on the ground with the tail stabilizer just touching the ground. As you can see in the attached image, the skids are flat on the ground and the tip of the stabilizer is also on the ground.

Check your tail isn't bent?
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Feala or Bangood and if your not home and you don't get their call the parts get shipped back..

Quote:
What the heck?!?!

I don't understand???

rpc, quietguy, or anyone living in Northern Ca..who makes the final delivery??? Is it USPS, UPS, DHL, or some unheard of courier??? You guys got me a little worried now, and I'm expecting a few deliveries from Banggood very soon.

Thanks,

-Pat
Because sometimes I quote myself...Baahaahaahaa! Kidding of course

Update on shipping for anyone wondering after reading my last post/question: It was delivered by USPS and I was asked to sign for it. It took about 3 weeks, but it looks to be in perfect condition. It was in it's original box with two separate boxes (1 V911 RTF & 1 V911 BNF) taped-up to it forming one larger box. To be honest, I thought it was quite clever...As light as it gets, (think free shipping) yet strong enough as one piece to make it halfway around the world. The order was missing the extra batt for the F45, but I just sent a email to CS and hope to have it resolved very soon. They have been very responsive and good to me so far.

-Pat
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Care to take a photo of your heli on a flat surface from the side view?

The skids should sit flat on the ground with the tail stabilizer just touching the ground. As you can see in the attached image, the skids are flat on the ground and the tip of the stabilizer is also on the ground.

Check your tail isn't bent?
Standby, man I hope the damn tail isn't bent.

Edit: The tail does not appear to be bent at all. If anything, maybe the base it slides into is just slightly off?!? The camera is dead and I have yet to try and post a pic on this forum...(Do you guys just use Photobucket and figure-out which link works?)

I set the heli flat on the shelf and slid the tail off the edge so it would sit flat on the skids. Then I took a straight edge and measured the distance from the top of the shelf/bottom of the straight edge to the bottom of the VS. (With calipers) It seems the tail is .210" or 5.56mm to long. *shrugs* I guess I could grind this down..I don't know, it would be awful close to the first hole just to get it all touching the ground at the same time.

-Pat
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Jul 09, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:25 AM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Quick Q guy's...

Thanks,

-Pat
The skids might just be loose in the landing gear braces. Pull the rear of the skids in towards each other and then tighten the screws
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:30 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch332 View Post
The skids might just be loose in the landing gear braces. Pull the rear of the skids in towards each other and then tighten the screws
Just thought it might be a case that the skids have been squashed down, spreading them apart, which would make them not as "tall" so the tail would be too long, maybe see if you can tie a cable tie around the skid legs to pull them together and thus making it taller
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
I'll check both guys, thanks for the input! When I first noticed, I wondered if the skids got squashed.

Update: Nope; skids are tight and good to go. I pinched them together as much as I dare and It would barely clear the VS. I don't want to pull those together like that with a zip tie just to solve this problem, because it would negate the "spring effect/absorbency" of the skids. I think I'll just shave a little off the VS, then put little rubber somethings?!? under the skids to lift the whole thing up a bit. I have NO desire to send this thing back and wait for another.

-Pat
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Jul 09, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:57 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
I'll check both guys, thanks for the input! When I first noticed, I wondered if the skids got squashed.

Update: Nope; skids are tight and good to go. I pinched them together as much as I dare and It would barely clear the VS. I don't want to pull those together like that with a zip tie just to solve this problem, because it would negate the "spring effect/absorbency" of the skids. I think I'll just shave a little off the VS, then put little rubber somethings?!? under the skids to lift the whole thing up a bit. I have NO desire to send this thing back and wait for another.

-Pat
As long as all is securely attached and the tail boom is straight, I can't see how shaving the VS a little wont hurt, just be careful you don't take too much off, as you don't want the tail rotor touching the ground!
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:07 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, just to be clear - I'm not trying to compare to or replace the V200, I'm starting to like it and my hands are drying out with experience.
I am looking to replace my CX with something of similar size with a lot of built in stability for night flying. This is usually in my back yard that has about a 50' flyable diameter below the leaves that narrows and then opens up with altitude, which is only achievable when the wind dies completely.
So it is not a big area. My nearby flying area is much bigger and not that I won't fly it there, but I don't need it for there.
I didn't want to say that the F45 was slipping and wobbling , is it what you understood ? My fault, English is not my fist language. The F45 has a light tendency to slide in great speed, but that can be controlled with the right stick. If you understood that I don't like the unpredictable flying of the V200D01 you are right ! To answer your question, a 50' no wind area is not the best place for a great flyer like the F45. If you buy one and try it in the wind, in a 500' area you could regret that you bought the Walkera, it is exactly what I did ! Not to mention the 300$ spare parts I spent on the Walkera. Excuse me, when I see V200D01 and F45 in the same post I fell a urge to express myself...
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier