SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:58 PM
United States, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Mar 2011
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
Will this be capable of doing auto rotations?

Ben
I'm kinda thinkin' that at 490 g. it's a bit light to auto-rotate..... ...but that would be very cool!
jimmiedac is offline Find More Posts by jimmiedac
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:41 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Nothing wrong with this battery is there? Seems like it would be a perfect fit: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Edit: I see it's out of stock anyways..
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Last edited by Benf207; Mar 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:17 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
Nothing wrong with this battery is there? Seems like it would be a perfect fit: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Edit: I see it's out of stock anyways..
I just bought a handful of these. They're very close to the stock size and weight.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Mar 2011
172 Posts
1a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I just bought a handful of these. They're very close to the stock size and weight.
Well unless you have soldering skills you will need to purchase adapters for the plugs on the batteries to the EC3 plug on the ESC....
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:49 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiedac View Post
Well unless you have soldering skills you will need to purchase adapters for the plugs on the batteries to the EC3 plug on the ESC....
Are there people in this hobby who do not have soldering skills? I thought that those are mandatory as many times you need to do ESC and motor connectors, battery too. And then goes telemetry modules, BECs and all the smaller fixed (among other things to servo cables, too)...

As this is Blade's heli many people are coming from mCP-X where you could solder tail wires directly to increase tail performance for another percent or two, replace tail wires with Ethernet cable separate wires, replace tail with 120SR one, and then brushless conversion with the most advanced job being pin point solder on 3-in-1 to get better (full?) throttle resolution...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:16 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
FYI: Hobbyking just got these battery packs back in stock in the US warehouse. These are what I ordered for the 300x when it comes out. They should also work well in my 3D profile plane.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Mar 2011
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Are there people in this hobby who do not have soldering skills? ...
There is a distinct possibility that folks like that exist.... Most likely if one sticks with the hobby one will have to learn to do all sorts of things to make a given heli fly. IMHO it's a constant and dynamic learning process that has room for all sorts of skill levels.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:49 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
There is a distinct possibility that folks like that exist.... Most likely if one sticks with the hobby one will have to learn to do all sorts of things to make a given heli fly. IMHO it's a constant and dynamic learning process that has room for all sorts of skill levels.
And that's why we love this hobby... Right?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:30 AM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,567 Posts
Quote:
+1 , and how about cold fusion !!! lol. I guess the main skill is eyes brain hands fingers eyes brain hands synchro. the rest is like you say a learning process but you need the natural vibes in order to enjoy flight. My brother is a flight resourcing manager and also an airline pilot and full size heli. pilot for one of the biggest airline company in the world and they are searching every day for new pilots everywhere on the globe. They hired 50 new pilots last month all from the USA good crop. He was telling me All have that natural vibe or instinct for flight. But I am not certain about their welding skills lol.Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:27 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
For all here struggling to wait, I suggest you read this thread http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=380079&page=1 James Haley (Product Developer) has been posting a lot, there's some good info there.

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:30 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,412 Posts
Our local Guru Hamish Scott flew the 300 today WOW! for the price a lot of heli I videoed it, but will not be able to edit till late next week

heres a couple of photos to tide you by

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
Man that looks nice! Love the look of the rounded nose on the canopy. Looks kind of like a candy cane! Jkjk will definitely get this as my next heli unless they come out with a 200-250 size belt, or shaft driven fly artless heli
Dittsboylogan is offline Find More Posts by Dittsboylogan
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:12 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittsboylogan View Post
Man that looks nice! Love the look of the rounded nose on the canopy. Looks kind of like a candy cane! Jkjk will definitely get this as my next heli unless they come out with a 200-250 size belt, or shaft driven fly artless heli
Rounded nose? I like servos being exposed and easily worked on, beefy main gear, FBL head design, metal on swash, position of ÁBeast, tail boom clamp...

But not the way ÁBeast aerial is fixed on tail struts, how easily canopy posts are going to break and I'm not sure about the skids in crashes...
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:06 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Rounded nose? I like servos being exposed and easily worked on, beefy main gear, FBL head design, metal on swash, position of ÁBeast, tail boom clamp...

But not the way ÁBeast aerial is fixed on tail struts, how easily canopy posts are going to break and I'm not sure about the skids in crashes...
Agree on the skids, they look weak...not only in crashes but just a hard landing...looks like it'll snap.
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JookSing View Post
Agree on the skids, they look weak...not only in crashes but just a hard landing...looks like it'll snap.
I couldn't wait so I purchased a 450 X as well as pre-ordering the 300 X..... The LG on the 450 X looks quite comparable to the LG on the 300X. In my experience the 450 X LG is quite stout and has taken hard landings with ease....given the lighter weight of the 300 X and the similarity in the LG I don't think there should be any concern....

Regards,
J.