HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
1,047 Posts
OK. I've bought it and got it. I'm donating to a fledgling club as a Club Lady... This is a bunch of old retirees that want to get back into modeling and do it in RC. I've got the motor, ESC, Mg90S and both wings...Starter polyhedral, and Aileron wings a second step.

My questions is..
Should I build it with the pylon mount or front mounted motor?

Please express your opinion and the reason you think one is better than the other.
All input appreciated. I can fly, but am NOT good enough to be a good instructor.

My object is to get this guys in the air and let them have some fun, build some confidence, AND be good training experience.
OldDmbThms is offline Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,096 Posts
Pod mount. It keeps the prop off the ground in most crashes. I broke a lot of props before switching. Handling is the same, so there's no downside that I'm aware of.
ttabbal is offline Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
1,047 Posts
ttabbal
Thanks,
I'll maiden with my Taranis of course. See ya the FrSky threads.
That was my intuitive feel...for less prop strikes...hopefully
OldDmbThms is offline Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,065 Posts
Most of my Albatross, Storm Chasers and Pelicans have been converted to pod to protect the motor and prop and get the motor out of the way for safety and for FPV. With the ultra light pod set up I have not broken a pod.

If you build with the pod aim the motor level with the top of the fuselage and slightly to the left at the front corner of the fuselage to compensate for prop torque.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee