SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Jeez! The 48 edge is very similar in size then!
I may go for the SHP then...thanks for the pic!
I've got both and while the wing span isn't dramatrically different the 51" Slick just FEELS and LOOKS a lot bigger. The fuse is much fatter and wider.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,633 Posts
Hmmm interesting. About the same as a 47 shp?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:02 PM
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
826 Posts
The SHP is a puppy dog. Playful and floaty. I've seen your Slick vids and I think you might like the Edge for its capabilities.

Jeff
jcfab is offline Find More Posts by jcfab
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,633 Posts
Alright, yeah.
Thanks!
I think I will go with the Edge, then grt a 57 Extra.......someday!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Alright, yeah.
Thanks!
I think I will go with the Edge, then grt a 57 Extra.......someday!
Man... the 57" Extra is a SWEET plane. That and the 51" Slick are my two favorite planes for sure!

But the 71" Slick is next on my list.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:41 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
I go to bed for 7 hours and come back to 2 pages of posts. Thanks for the comparison pics those may have helped me to decide what my next plane is going to be. Glad the Omega 130 is a mortor and not hand grenade or mine would have blown up long ago. He also said he "odered" one. I thought maybe it was making a funny smell.

I did miss you guys while I was away sulking.

The wife told me this morning that since I had been a fairly good boy I could have any plane I wanted for Xmas. That got my mind racing for a few minutes. Dang, not enough room in my hobby room for a 104". Then reality hit me and it is going to have to be something that I can fit in my car easily without the need for vaseline and a shoehorn. I have the choices narrowed down to 3. 59" Slick, 58" Edge, and 51" Slick.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:44 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
990 Posts
I have an edge, love it. Flew it today in gusts to 20 mph. It's a little floaty but a lot of fun. I have my eye on the 59" slick on sale. Any comments, recommendations? Thanks. I'd love the red but it's out if stock and I don't think the red will come back on sale. May have to compromise function for style.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:51 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,007 Posts
slicks are large for their size compared to other planes in the same class. I have noticed that other 30cc birds are all physically smaller than my 70" slick.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:52 PM
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
826 Posts
I am a man and I refuze to uze spell cheque

I have been mangling English for 50 years cuz I enjoy it.

Glad you liked it.

Jeff
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:56 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
I go to bed for 7 hours and come back to 2 pages of posts. Thanks for the comparison pics those may have helped me to decide what my next plane is going to be. Glad the Omega 130 is a mortor and not hand grenade or mine would have blown up long ago. He also said he "odered" one. I thought maybe it was making a funny smell.

The wife told me this morning that since I had been a fairly good boy I could have any plane I wanted for Xmas. That got my mind racing for a few minutes. Dang, not enough room in my hobby room for a 104". Then reality hit me and it is going to have to be something that I can fit in my car easily without the need for vaseline and a shoehorn. I have the choices narrowed down to 3. 59" Slick, 58" Edge, and 51" Slick.
While I have not built me 58" Edge yet, if it is anything like my 55" Edge, it is going to be outstanding. That said, I really like me 59" Slick.. I also have not built me 51" Slick yet, but everything I have heard says it is also a great plane!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:27 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:

I personally believe that everyone should have experienced a 51" Slick at least one point in their life. So I'd be a big proponent of making that your next purchase. After that... start thinking 71" Slick! Or 57" Extra or 58" Edge... so many choices!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:33 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab View Post
I am a man and I refuze to uze spell cheque

I have been mangling English for 50 years cuz I enjoy it.

Glad you liked it.

Jeff
*Spell Czech
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:38 PM
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
*Spell Czech
A man after my own heart! Good Job Chad.

Jeff
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:46 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Ohhh kay. Maybe we should just give you two guys some alone time.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,685 Posts
Quote:

Not enough room for a 104? Preposterous. 1. Kick one of the kids out. 2. If no kids, make sure you get the 104 ordered, then kick the wife out.
Problem solved! LOL
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer