HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:26 AM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
You guys are killin' me! HK has been out for well over a month. So I sit here jealous of u guys
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:17 AM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
614 Posts
You can buy the Skylark products at RMRC:
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...index&cPath=90
Moelich73 is offline Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:13 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,098 Posts
Jeff: yea, and at readymade you get version IIII, and can get the USB interface ($5), so you can program your OSD.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
Jeff: yea, and at readymade you get version IIII, and can get the USB interface ($5), so you can program your OSD.
Did you mean version III?
Moelich73 is offline Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
wow $100 bucks for this.. let me go through the thread and see if it's worth it. It is a plug and play thing right? Does it need any calibration before start?
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
I really like my little tiny OSD III (from Readmade). The display is clear and easy to readi.

I really wish Skylark would address the software and make it load properly on a modern Windows computer. It is just nuts to have to emulate Windows XP and when I do the display of the software isn't really quite right. I still can't connect all the time and have basically given up.

As to the calibration of the voltage and current, it would be nice to have some proper instructions.

Plus, they should address the fact that some of us fly multicopters, and have adjustible parameters so that the end of flight display will not come up every time the machine slows down for a few seconds. Basically it shouldn't come up until the machine is stationary for a user set period of time. It is annoying.

It would be the best bargain out there in OSD's if Skylark would just take care of a few of these things.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
Gary
Joined Mar 2011
2,098 Posts
Yea, version 3..lol! I like mine too! Give me just what I need, and not too expensive! It is a bit annoying that the "summery" pops up when I hover, mostly just to check voltage and timer, before I take another trip. It doesn't really bother me that much. I know you can turn it off completely but I like it! I've even gotten so I record my FPV to an old video camera so I can check things later. I put the data in video and synced up the HiDef and the OSD feeds!
FPV height test (3 min 56 sec)
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
Done

Quote:
Cancelled the HK order and ordered this one. It'll be here Tuesday
Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:25 AM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
Quote:
Yea, version 3..lol! I like mine too! Give me just what I need, and not too expensive! It is a bit annoying that the "summery" pops up when I hover, mostly just to check voltage and timer, before I take another trip. It doesn't really bother me that much. I know you can turn it off completely but I like it! I've even gotten so I record my FPV to an old video camera so I can check things later. I put the data in video and synced up the HiDef and the OSD feeds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMv7...ure=plpp_video
thats my other question... What are you'all using to record the downlink video, old tape decks and cameras, or is there a cheap NTSC tapeless recorder out there?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
Gary
Joined Mar 2011
2,098 Posts
Jeff: I'm using an old Sony TRV-740 digital 8 video camera. It has the 1/8" video input and a "VCR" function. The thing is outdated tech, but does the trick, and I already owned it! My video Rx already had two outputs too.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:03 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
This is a really nice little OSD. It is really easy to see in my Fatshark goggles. I did a few flights with mine on my DJI-450 today and am really impressed with how easy it is to read. I just ordered another one for a winter project before they go out of stock from Ready Made.

I have said it before and will say it again: I really wish Skylark would work on their software and make it easier to use on a modern computer.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
Quote:
Jeff: I'm using an old Sony TRV-740 digital 8 video camera. It has the 1/8" video input and a "VCR" function. The thing is outdated tech, but does the trick, and I already owned it! My video Rx already had two outputs too.
I have the same cam but was hoping there was something reasonable that recorded analog video. Guess I'll break it out and start loosening up the mechanics
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:35 PM
Gary
Joined Mar 2011
2,098 Posts
Jeff: too funny that you have the Sony 740! It works fine after all these years! lol There are some inexpensive DVR recorders but I don't know if they are any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-Cam...item45fb21417b
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:21 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
I have an old Sony too, but the batteries are dead and it is kind of big and bulky. I bought one of these as it was inexpensive:

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/mini-d1-qu...sed-p-533.html

I haven't used it much as I have been focusing on my flying, but maybe today I'll give it a try.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Mar 2009
254 Posts
Has anyone changed the Deans connector to an EC3? I'm not really interested in making adapters