Closed Thread
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:56 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robix07 View Post
Thanks for Reply!
But I don't understand my camera.
It wont install new firmware,I placed the .bin in the root directory of the card,placed it in camera turned it on and it just started like a normal,no changes and the led doesn't flash while recording :?
Then you are doing something wrong .

Try this.
1. Format your card fist.
2. Make sure the only file on the card is named FW96630A.BIN (old boot loader) or FWDVCH.BIN (new boot loader). The name must be all capital letters, especially if you are running Linux or Mac OSX.

Like I previously posted, you must use the correct file or the camera will ignore the update. I suspect you have copied the wrong file to the card.

I believe, but can't confirm, that FW96630A.BIN was used on the cameras with the 5-pin USB socket and FWDVCH.BIN is used on the latest cameras with the 8-pin USB socket. You can't interchange the two files, so do not rename them. You will surely brick your camera if you do.....
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginetto View Post
The card holder seems attached well on the circuit and the card seems ok. I tried to see inside the card holder... well, it is not easy to see something, even with a magnifying glass and a light.

I noticed another abnormality. Normally, without the card the light on the camera flashes slowly, while in this case the light remains on and nothing happens if I press the shutter key.
Does it mean anything for you?
As I read it, you camera doesn't function at all. It is not recognized by the PC and you can't record, but the yellow LED is always on (with or without a card inserted) when the power button is pressed.
If this assumption is correct, then there could well be a problem with the CMOS lens ribbon cable. Either there is a bad connection or one of the tiny wires in the ribbon cable is cracked.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:27 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2010
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginetto View Post
The card holder seems attached well on the circuit and the card seems ok. I tried to see inside the card holder... well, it is not easy to see something, even with a magnifying glass and a light.

I noticed another abnormality. Normally, without the card the light on the camera flashes slowly, while in this case the light remains on and nothing happens if I press the shutter key.
Does it mean anything for you?
Please have a look at the two photographs below. At the rear of the card slot is a rudimentary switch that uses a thin strip of pressed steel. This should be flush with the outer metal shell when a card is NOT inserted.
Placing a card in the card slot pushes an internal terminal against the strip, signifiying to the camera that a card is inserted. If the strip is bent outwards, the switch can't work and the camera will not recognise a card.

Hope this helps, Richard
timetec is offline Find More Posts by timetec
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
I format the card then put the firmware in disconnect from the usb, turn it on the light flashes,start to record and there is no flashing light
What's wrong with this camera?
robix07 is offline Find More Posts by robix07
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:30 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,702 Posts
Quote:
I format the card then put the firmware in disconnect from the usb, turn it on the light flashes,start to record and there is no flashing light
What's wrong with this camera?
Update the firmware is a slow process ... it may take some minutes.

I thought I did brick mine ... but I was lucky ... and I got my #11 back alive

Read very very carefully the instructions (from Tom) ... also ... I may have done a post about it long time ago ... when I did almost brick mine.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
I did it after Instructions that came with Firmware,but no result it's like it doesn't even care about that file.Or maybe I'm an idiot,and put the file in the wrong directory.
It looks like this C:/MYPC/Videocam/FWDVCH.bin
Is that the right place?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
I did it after Instructions that came with Firmware,but no result it's like it doesn't even care about that file.Or maybe I'm an idiot,and put the file in the wrong directory.
It looks like this C:/MYPC/Videocam/FWDVCH.bin
Is that the right place?
You put the firmware file FWDVCH.BIN (ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, including the bin part) into you camera's root folder. It's best to first format the card, then you only have a root folder. I take it you are running a unix-based system because you show forward-slashes and not backslashes.

In Windows, the root folder is x:\ (or whatever drive letter your camera has been assigned)
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:09 AM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Then it is correct,but it doesn't work.
I'm writing to my seller maybe he can replace my camera
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:37 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,843 Posts
Question: There are soo many variations out there, but I have a original camera (V1 or V2) .. does this one has somewhere a composite-out, too? like the new 808?
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Question: There are soo many variations out there, but I have a original camera (V1 or V2) .. does this one has somewhere a composite-out, too? like the new 808?
V1 No.
With the V2 I believe the pin is connected to the processor but is disabled by firmware. I don't have a V2 to confirm this. The #11 was not designed for composite-out, hence the lower price.

And what new 808 are you talking about? The #18 is from the same developer as the #11 and has video-out.

The #16 is from a different developer and also has video-out. The #16 uses a standardized 5-pin mini-USB socket and is highly configurable whereas the #18 uses a non-standard mini-USB socket and is not configurable.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:40 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,395 Posts
I believe the graphics processor IC in the V1 has composite video out capability, but it was not enabled by the developer. It's in the processor specs posted earlier, as I recall. Not supported by hardware or firmware.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:19 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,843 Posts
Ok thanks! I think have to get the #16 :-)

Cheap mini camera for my tiny FPV system :-)
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
I believe the graphics processor IC in the V1 has composite video out capability, but it was not enabled by the developer. It's in the processor specs posted earlier, as I recall. Not supported by hardware or firmware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Ok thanks! I think have to get the #16 :-)

Cheap mini camera for my tiny FPV system :-)
All three cameras, #11, #18 and #16 have the same processor. Unfortunately the video-out pin, which is situated underneath the processor, was left unconnected on the #11 V1. Hence it is impossible to connect to this pin without removing the processor.

I believe the circuit layout of the #11 is identical to that of the #18, although apparently there is some sort of dongle to prevent #18 firmware running on the #11 V2.

flyandi, that's a good choice, IMO
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:57 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,272 Posts
Has someone done a comparison review between #16 and #11?
I have seen one between #18 and #11.
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Last edited by iskess; Sep 02, 2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:32 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
A comparison video between #11 and #16...youtube link here...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Closed Thread