New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2015, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suko View Post
I just picked up this little guy for $10 at a swap meet. It binds and works with the regular controller but I cannot get it to bind to my DX6. They're running 2.4 ghz, so I don't know what's the issue here, but my DX6 just keeps saying BIND FAILED.
I had assumed I could bind this to my DX6, but was I wrong and I'm stuck using the included controller?
The Blade Scout CX is not the same as the CX or CX2, unfortunately you put the question in the wrong thread (I saw your post in Electric Heli Talk by the way, so I know which heli you are referring to).
The Scout CX is a 3ch and uses a different protocol to other Blade helis, so your Dx6 is a no-go.
Quote:
Bonus question: It seems REALLY sluggish going forwards or backwards. Like, I mash the stick all the way forwards or back and it barely moves (sometimes it doesn't even move).
You need to activate the high rate mode by pushing in on the right stick before taking off. Here's a quote from the Scout CX thread...
... "As a beginner heli, it defaults to low rates. Press the right stick into the transmitter, and you'll hear two beeps, and the LED will flash continuously. That's high rates.
If you want even faster, move the ball links on the swashplate to the (slightly) longer balls".
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2015, 01:24 PM
Find More Posts by Suko
United States, WA, Mukilteo
Joined Apr 2013
1,295 Posts
Yeah, thanks Mono. I guess I was confused on which model I had. And yes, once I activated high rates I got this thing to actually move. Bummer about being stuck with the stock Tx, but at least I only paid $10 for it. =D
Suko is online now Find More Posts by Suko
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by mybad
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
684 Posts
I also picked up a couple of those Scouts at swap meets! For more forward speed you can put a little weight in the nose and/or adjust the linkages. Of course, you will reduce or eliminate reverse speed. Depends on how you want to fly it.

Be very careful if you decide to switch the links to the other balls. They are easy to break if you're not careful.
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
RCG Plus Member