Old Aug 15, 2015, 06:08 PM
Find More Posts by train06
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCloud View Post
i finally got a chance this morning to fly my brand new stock BSR, i spent some time checking out the setup the past few days and this morning i saw it fly!

for stock it flew really nice, its got that zzzzz......zzzz.....zzzzz going on with the tail motor but it flew great, i got a good one! only thing i did'nt like was when i checked the temperature of the brushed tail motor it was at 134-deg F, that little sucker is working its heart out

this is the one i am going to convert to the 230s brushless tail motor, i found out that the tail boom on the 230s is the same diameter as the boom on the BSR so the 230s tail motor mount will fit without modification, i ordered a 20-amp AFRO ESC (multi-rotor) and i talked to Castle Creations about using their 15-amp Talon, i am going to try both and see which works the best......now i just have to wait until the parts are available for the 230s to buy the motor, motor mount for this conversion.

in the mean time i'll fly my new "stock" BSR
Good deal on the new/future SR! If you can get that tail down to a zzz............zzz............zzzz instead of the zzzz..zzzz....zzzz it will cool down a lot the tail may have a slight wag or little drift but it holds and the motor runs cooler....

That's good new on the tail boom! How are you going to get the tail to be controlled? I know the 230s probably has a dual ESC for main motor/tail motor like the SR does, but the 230s is FBL. I'm not sure how that will work? 2 esc's like your conversion SR???
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2015, 07:49 PM
Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by train06 View Post
Good deal on the new/future SR! If you can get that tail down to a zzz............zzz............zzzz instead of the zzzz..zzzz....zzzz it will cool down a lot the tail may have a slight wag or little drift but it holds and the motor runs cooler....

That's good new on the tail boom! How are you going to get the tail to be controlled? I know the 230s probably has a dual ESC for main motor/tail motor like the SR does, but the 230s is FBL. I'm not sure how that will work? 2 esc's like your conversion SR???
2-ESC's, i'm going to use either the AFRO or Castle Talon to control the tail motor, it'll be hooked up the exact same way the guys are doing the 200SR X

it doesnt matter if the heli has a flybar or is FBL, i will be bypassing the 2 in 1 controller on the BSR
WhiteCloud is online now Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Old Aug 15, 2015, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by train06
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCloud View Post
2-ESC's, i'm going to use either the AFRO or Castle Talon to control the tail motor, it'll be hooked up the exact same way the guys are doing the 200SR X

it doesnt matter if the heli has a flybar or is FBL, i will be bypassing the 2 in 1 controller on the BSR
I'll have to bend your ear on this one, because I am planning to do the same from these parts available to me here!
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06