HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2010, 10:35 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
Discussion
My Addiction.........

Hi.......my name is Ron W.......and I am addicted to radio control of all forms. I hope that by sharing the high level of my addiction, that I can help others become just as addicted as i am. 35 airplanes, 6 helicopters, and 27 race cars collected over 20+ years. I've been through 2 wives, 4 kids, and 8 dogs, but I still have the very first radio controlled car I ever bought! Share your addiction and enjoy.............
fotowiz is offline Find More Posts by fotowiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2010, 10:36 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
The last few..........
Old Feb 05, 2010, 01:13 AM
London UK
Joined Jul 2004
2,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz View Post
Hi.......my name is Ron W.......and I am addicted to radio control of all forms. I hope that by sharing the high level of my addiction, that I can help others become just as addicted as i am.
That's highly irresponsible encouraging people to get addicted as badly as you are Look at what he has been through guys just ignore him
Threshold is offline Find More Posts by Threshold
Old Feb 05, 2010, 02:17 AM
Needs more moose!
Brisbane. Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
856 Posts
I've seen hobby shops with less stuff than that!
Red_N_White is offline Find More Posts by Red_N_White
Old Feb 05, 2010, 04:52 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Årstad
Joined May 2009
1,185 Posts
"I'm not addicted, it's just a hobby and I have things under control"...

But really - through two wives, I can see that, but you're not through with your kids are you, that would be even sadder than having an addiction that went too far...
Cubber1 is offline Find More Posts by Cubber1
Old Feb 05, 2010, 06:39 AM
So Cali High Desert
Joined Nov 2009
109 Posts
I'd be looking for a way to put the blame on the exwives and the kids... or the dogs. Then it all seems reasonable....
HiDesertFlyer is offline Find More Posts by HiDesertFlyer
Old Feb 05, 2010, 05:55 PM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,462 Posts
I thought I had a problem!!!
You are MY envy now!!!
nicoyenny is offline Find More Posts by nicoyenny
Old Feb 06, 2010, 07:10 AM
Joined Dec 2005
915 Posts
You got it bad man....!

Fonz.....amania
The Fonz is offline Find More Posts by The Fonz
Old Feb 06, 2010, 09:25 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,721 Posts
Now that's a "man room".

I started about 25 years ago with a big 72" glider. Got it built and never got it to fly. I ended up with a little .049 engine on it since the big rubber band launch kept folding the wing. Went to a flying site one day for some lessons with the little .049 on it. The guy teaching me got it up a little and then let the wind just carry it away. He tried to fly straight up like his 1/4 planes did. It just stalled and drifted away. Never found it and I'm still mad at him. It took me 3 months to build it.

After that I got a nitro car since it couldn't get blown away. After learning the air filter couldn't keep dirt from the engine and replacing the pistons many times I sold it for a 1/4 scale midget car running on a chain saw engine. That was cool. I sold it about 15-20 years ago and the addiction laid dormant....till summer 09. My biz partner got the idea for aerial photo/video and as my pilot learning process ramped up the addiction came back. I'm only up to 3 planes now. 2 are for photo and video and I have one 3D foamie I am learning some fun stuff on. Most of my flying is gentle aerial photo and video related but it is still fun. I'm sure my collection will grow...but not as big as yours. If it did my wife would divorce me....guess you know the feeling.

My little AP plane.

My big AP/AV plane designed by a member in the AP forum. I love this plane.

My 3D foamie is a Byp Yak. That's my whole collection.
frogman1206 is online now Find More Posts by frogman1206
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:39 AM
USA, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Sep 2007
71 Posts
Fotowiz,

Great collection! I'm addicted to RC models as well. I have found over the last ten years that I really enjoy building or assembling all types of RC models. I also enjoy buying and selling them. I LOVE the smell of the UPS truck in the morning!

With so many really nice new planes coming out on a regular basis, I will keep most of my airplanes only about six months to a year then sell them and buy the latest object of my desire. I justify it to myself (I'm divorced and happily living alone), by comparing the cost of my RC addiction to say the cost of a golf addiction or photography addicition, or going to major sports events instead of watching them on TV.

You have a big workshop and storage area! The time I spend getting lost in working on models is very relaxing.

Enjoy yourself!
RCForever is offline Find More Posts by RCForever
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:35 AM
Herndon, VA
Joined Oct 2005
1,471 Posts
Man, jets on the walls, NASCAR on the screen, did you take those pictures in here??!!
RE
Edmonds is offline Find More Posts by Edmonds
Old Feb 11, 2010, 07:35 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
HA HA ! I have actually had the Fed-Ex driver and UPS driver in my driveway at the same time! The basement is the only room my wife tells me is all mine, and I can do whatever I want to with it. Pretty nice of her, huh??

I never ever throw anything away, even broken airplanes. You would be amazed how many times I go through my junk pile for pieces parts for the rest of the fleet. Someday I will retire and actually have time to play with all my toys!!