Old Jul 15, 2016, 05:40 AM
Find More Posts by Aaro
Finland, Central Finland, JKL
Joined Jul 2014
56 Posts
Discussion
FxJ Reports -application

Hi all,
During the rainy days, I wrote a little application "FXJ Reports" to provide some simple and hopefully informative reports from F5J/F3J data saved to scoring program (Glider Score).
The application automatically generates reports from selected competition, these can then be combined eg. to a single PDF -file.
In a report, following information is shown on a single sheet:
- Round scores,
- Flight durations,
- Landing points,
- F5J starting height (if data exists)
Same group's min-average-max are also shown (if relevant).
As an example are some results from previous F5J eurotour Finland -competion in Lappeenranta.
------------------------------------------------
If you organize F3J/F5J-competitions, and if you are interested in generating such reports (and you use GliderScore), please contact me and I'll send you the app. I also wish to receive Glider Score flight score export files to debug and test this with data from bigger competitions. Data can be generated in following way: 1) Open GliderScore and some F3J/F5J competition 2) Go to "Reports" 3) Select "Flight scores" 4) Select "Save as file".
And before someone asks the inevitable; Yes, it might be possible to implement a import filter to read data from other scoring programs than GliderScore. If there is need for such, please inform me.
Aaro is online now Find More Posts by Aaro
Last edited by Aaro; Jul 15, 2016 at 06:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2016, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by stefanoc2
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2006
539 Posts
Looks interesting, thanks for sharing.
Stefano
stefanoc2 is offline Find More Posts by stefanoc2
Old Jul 18, 2016, 06:35 AM
Find More Posts by Sotir
Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined Sep 2003
181 Posts
Yes it will be a very useful tool.
Sotir is offline Find More Posts by Sotir
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by Aaro
Finland, Central Finland, JKL
Joined Jul 2014
56 Posts
FxJ Reports

Hi all,

We have now used the app to provide reports from 2 F5J competitions (Eurotour and Finnish nats 3/4), and pilots have found them useful and informative.
The app was also tested with US settings, and after some "improvements" it works with different localisation settings (.. which was a little painful...).
Attached are 2 sample screenshots from F5J- and F3J competitions.

Aaro
Aaro is online now Find More Posts by Aaro
Last edited by Aaro; Jul 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM.