Old Feb 02, 2016, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by jackerbes
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
19,594 Posts
Discussion
Feilun FX045 New Guy Questions

I'm not new to RC but am new to helicopters of any kind. Got this Feilun FX045 before Xmas at a local merchandise close out store for less than $30 new in the box and now have a couple of questions.

The maker's product page for the FX045 Helo:

http://feiluntoys.com/en/feilun/prod...ail.asp?id=853

Item No.Fx045
Description: 4CH R/C Helicopter(with Gyro)

With 7.4V(700mAh) li-lion batteries for helicopter,remote control need to install 61.5V AA battery(not included);battery charging time is 160-170 minutes;the time for full power battery using is 8 minutes;about 40 meters operation distance.

It has a 27 MHz radio,four channels.

The Instructions say:

1 - Advanced intelligentize balance system
2 - Long Distance remote control (27 MHz)
3 - Latest Numerical Control battery saver mode
4 - Fly left sideward and right sideward
5 - High precision gyroscope, 360 degree rotation, 360 degree accurate localization, suspending
6 - With colorful light in the helicopter (white LED on lower nose)
7 - Special patent tilting frame controlling structure, more stable fly

There is a video on it here, looks like a decent flyer for an old guy that can fly but has never flown a helo.

FeiLun RC Helicopter FX045 (3 min 12 sec)

I charged the 2S LiPO battery and ran it down to 3.5V under load setting on ground and just short of lifting off a couple of time to break in the battery. It seems OK and wants to lift but we are in the 30's or so here today and too windy for me to fly it. .

It may be just a little tail heavy, it takes a little forward stick to get it to lift the tail and set flat on the skids.

The included 27 MHz TX has centering springs on the right stick and on the rudder control on the left stick. I think I would prefer to have the sticks not center themselves at all from a little experience I have had with a quad copter and a hex copter. Is there any good reason that I should not open up the TX and disengage the springs?

Is there a 2.4 GHz RX that might drop into this and that I could use with my DX7 TX? It has two servos and I think I'm smart enough to make it work.

Can't get this particular model to come up on this coax forum with a search, if there is a thread here that is generally applicable to this make and model or one close to it would appreciate mention of that.

Thanks for any help,

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2016, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,766 Posts
The receiver is built in to the all- in- one board that contains, receiver, gyro, mixer and ESCs. There is no way to separate them. You would have to replace the board with one from Blade or convert to all separate components. Neither is cost effective. You can buy a decent 2.4ghz heli for less.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 03, 2016, 05:49 AM
Find More Posts by jackerbes
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
19,594 Posts
OK, and thanks for the good advice on replacing the receiver.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes