Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by speedactyl
Defies Logic & Common Sense
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
1,443 Posts
Flying Metal

I find very few guys build aluminum plane , especially on the fixwing category

when you reach up to a certain size (from what I know when planes get up to 1500mm size and above ) , this is where building from metal make more sense. to top it all its a retractable membrane wing.

I was flying on an old Brushed 300 Motor 3s less power than a similar size Brushless motor. back in jun 27 on the test frame.

--------------------------------------------------------->
So far I have build both multirotors and fixwings in aluminum
speedactyl is online now Find More Posts by speedactyl
Last edited by speedactyl; Jul 10, 2015 at 11:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:57 AM
Find More Posts by alexraz
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Apr 2014
247 Posts
The Headplay HD has arrived!

It's more than I expected.

I've only tried it via HDMI playing FPS and simulator games on the Xbox One and PC. It's very immersive and the slightly curved picture helps create the illusion of 3D.

"more than I expected" also includes the weight. It's heavier than I thought it would be and the straps keep slipping from the back of my head (I have long hair).

More on the bad side...

The resolution doesn't appear to be true HD. This maybe due to the fact that it doesn't display in 24 bit color. 3D smoke appears layered, water isn't shiny etc. After a while you don't notice these things when you're trying to avoid getting hit by hiding behind rocks which seem to be really "there".

I'll try this with the toy quad with a 5.4ghz vid over the weekend.
alexraz is offline Find More Posts by alexraz
Old Today, 01:24 AM
Find More Posts by Stringer
Joined May 2013
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexraz View Post
The Headplay HD has arrived!

It's more than I expected.

I've only tried it via HDMI playing FPS and simulator games on the Xbox One and PC. It's very immersive and the slightly curved picture helps create the illusion of 3D.

"more than I expected" also includes the weight. It's heavier than I thought it would be and the straps keep slipping from the back of my head (I have long hair).

More on the bad side...

The resolution doesn't appear to be true HD. This maybe due to the fact that it doesn't display in 24 bit color. 3D smoke appears layered, water isn't shiny etc. After a while you don't notice these things when you're trying to avoid getting hit by hiding behind rocks which seem to be really "there".

I'll try this with the toy quad with a 5.4ghz vid over the weekend.
I guess it's a matter of expectations then. I expected it to be heavier than it actually is, so I was pleased. I don't know much about its HD qualities since I've only tested it once on the Xbox.

It was also slipping initially, then I placed the 2200mAh 3S that powers it at the back of the strap, attached to the Velcro there. That balanced it well and I can now launch a plane with the HP on my head, like on this video:

Banshee Chase (3 min 8 sec)
Stringer is offline Find More Posts by Stringer
Old Today, 05:30 AM
Find More Posts by alexraz
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Apr 2014
247 Posts
Not really heavy but heavier than I thought. This is because I thought it's made of standard epp foam. The foam is tougher than I magine which is a pleasnt surprise. Have you tried the other lens? I might give it a go as I'm slightly far sighted.

Btw, there's a nut and bolt on the strap by the velcro which looks like it was made for the gopro. What's that for?

EDIT: Have you updated the firmware?
alexraz is offline Find More Posts by alexraz
Last edited by alexraz; Today at 05:56 AM.
Old Today, 06:46 AM
Find More Posts by Stringer
Joined May 2013
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexraz View Post
Not really heavy but heavier than I thought. This is because I thought it's made of standard epp foam. The foam is tougher than I magine which is a pleasnt surprise. Have you tried the other lens? I might give it a go as I'm slightly far sighted.

Btw, there's a nut and bolt on the strap by the velcro which looks like it was made for the gopro. What's that for?

EDIT: Have you updated the firmware?

I've not tried the other lens since I'm quite happy with the default one on wide format. It's really very immersive. I'm near sighted though so maybe YMMV. That part of the strap is indeed a GoPro accessory. They just used that rather than design their own.

I'll be doing the firmware upgrade this weekend. Hopefully it'll be uneventful.
Stringer is offline Find More Posts by Stringer