Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deves View Post
Well more progress...I did a system check yesterday Turns out I need a servo reverser for the steering. Also the pan servo is pretty sensitive I think I need to turn down something on the servo.
I never used one of these transmitters before so I'm trying to figure it all out. For a 7 channel radio I thought I would have 7 separate controls but 2 or 3 of them are used in conjunction with other servos to control dual rates or flaps, elevons, vtails So they don't do me much good unless there's a way to isolate them. Besides the channels for control, Throttle, steering, pan and tilt I used a gear switch for the drivers arm wave. I would still like to control lights from the transmitter. Any suggestion's?

I still need to put the whole thing together and I'm sure I will need to take it apart again for something else. Stay tuned.....
Which radio do you have?
I'm sure that a 7 channel radio gives 7 separate channels, it's just how you configure the switches to the channels, if your Rx has 7 channels then you should be able to control 7 separate items.
FPVsummituk is online now Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by Deves
Sunny So Cal.
Joined Oct 2005
295 Posts
FP, it's the Hitec Eclipse 7 I downloaded the manual and am trying to figure it out.
Deves is online now Find More Posts by Deves
Old Jul 26, 2015, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deves View Post
FP, it's the Hitec Eclipse 7 I downloaded the manual and am trying to figure it out.
I have just had a quick look at the manual........I'm sure that you can just choose which switch you want to use......add that switch to your channel setting ......and plug the servo lead to that channel in the Rx........and it should work.
It really doesn't matter what the manual says that a particular switch does......as long as you allocate it to a channel it will operate the servo selected.
The only exception is that if using head tracker, it may require that the last two channels are used.......other than that you can use any channel for any servo.......the signal doesn't know or care what it is being used for.
Here is a list of my channel allocation........
# Channel 1: Steering + steering wheel, running through a single axis gyro for stability. Also controls the Navigator's head movement.
# Channel 2: Diff.lock
# Channel 3: Throttle
# Channel 4: Lights+strobe lights
# Channel 5: Headtracker pan.
# Channel 6: Headtracker tilt
# Channel 7: Gearshift.
# Channel 8: Siren/horn + waving arm.
FPVsummituk is online now Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
Last edited by FPVsummituk; Jul 26, 2015 at 04:13 PM.