SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by davidmc36
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
4,453 Posts
One thing to be aware of is if sometimes you don't get all the data showing on your Tx, power cycle the Rx while Tx is on so it can pick up the addresses fresh.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by Squinton
Joined Mar 2014
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
OK. Here is what I found out about my setup.

Both batteries connected in parallel to -ve and +ve and balance connectors hooked up to L and H: all per cell readings are correct.

Disconnect -ve and +ve of "H" it makes the per cell readings for "H" only, incorrect.

Re-connect either -ve or +ve and readings for both are back to normal.

Disconnect either or both -ve +ve from the "L" battery and both per-cell readings are incorrect.

So my conclusion is that: Put your flight battery through the main -ve leads for current monitoring, hook the +ve to the positive of both main and BEC batteries, and you will get per cell monitoring of both batteries.
Ok, sweet, thanks heaps! cycle the RX, as in turn the bec off and on? :P
Squinton is offline Find More Posts by Squinton
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
4,453 Posts
Quote:
OK. Here is what I found out about my setup.

Both batteries connected in parallel to -ve and +ve and balance connectors hooked up to L and H: all per cell readings are correct.

Disconnect -ve and +ve of "H" it makes the per cell readings for "H" only, incorrect.

Re-connect either -ve or +ve and readings for both are back to normal.

Disconnect either or both -ve +ve from the "L" battery and both per-cell readings are incorrect.

So my conclusion is that: Put your flight battery through the main -ve leads for current monitoring, hook the +ve to the positive of both main and BEC batteries, and you will get per cell monitoring of both batteries.
But wat! I'm still not sure about this. I was working with two 3 cell batteries, not a 6 and 3. And if you connected as I described, it would not be a series connection like they are referring to in the manual.
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
4,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinton View Post
Ok, sweet, thanks heaps! cycle the RX, as in turn the bec off and on? :P
Yup
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
Joined Mar 2014
407 Posts
Quote:
But wat! I'm still not sure about this. I was working with two 3 cell batteries, not a 6 and 3. And if you connected as I described, it would not be a series connection like they are referring to in the manual.
I will probably survive with a regular 4s voltage sensor plugged into one of the extra telemetry ports? Or just y-cabled to the telemetry slot on receiver with the EAM rather than risking it!
Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
4,453 Posts
Quote:
I will probably survive with a regular 4s voltage sensor plugged into one of the extra telemetry ports? Or just y-cabled to the telemetry slot on receiver with the EAM rather than risking it!
Actually, that is probably the best solution. Slipped my mind while we were talking about this. You will totally be able to do the 2-4S sensor for your BEC battery as it will show up in telemetry as General Module and the big one will show up as Electric Module. The key is you can only have one General, one Electric, and one ESC at a time.

The additional sensors are daisy chained into the telemetry port on your Rx.

I bought a few of these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EZC-RC-2-4S-V...item27f07c508b

Work just fine.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Joined Mar 2014
407 Posts
Quote:
Actually, that is probably the best solution. Slipped my mind while we were talking about this. You will totally be able to do the 2-4S sensor for your BEC battery as it will show up in telemetry as General Module and the big one will show up as Electric Module. The key is you can only have one General, one Electric, and one ESC at a time.

The additional sensors are daisy chained into the telemetry port on your Rx.

I bought a few of these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EZC-RC-2-4S-V...item27f07c508b

Work just fine.
So the two additional sensor plugs on the EAM are only for temp/rpm? Won't work with voltage sensors?

Sensor 5 and 6 that is.
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
4,453 Posts
Quote:
Sensor 5 and 6 that is.
Voltage and Temp.