Old Jun 13, 2016, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by Bobcrc
Joined Jun 2016
10 Posts
Discussion
FMS Olympus

I know there is another thread over in the pattern forum about the Olympus, but I thought this forum might get more viewing. I am interested in this plane and would like feedback from current owners. I would be interested in using it for precision aerobatics and sport flying - I have no interest in 3D. I would like info on:
1 throws. Did you use factory recommended or something else?
2 dual rates and expos used
3 CG location
4 use of a gyro. I had the Hitec in mind
5 batteries. I'm thinking 6 cell 4000.
6 other ideas you may have.
Thanks in advance for your experiences and advice. This looks like it would be a fun plane to fly and a good value for the dollar.
Bob C
Bobcrc is offline Find More Posts by Bobcrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by kc8qpu
United States, SC, Moore
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
A lot still depends on what you want. If you are just going to use as a sport flyer, or do you intend on doing some pattern comps with it? Just sport flying put in a gyro. If you plan on any type of competition you can not use a gyro.

Make sure you read through the other thread. A lot of info. Especially about the CG.

Throws??? Just keep in mind that seems most manufacturers now a days seem to be a little extreme on the throws. Most likely because most of the general flyers like to see if they can do 3d with planes not really meant for it.

You will have to set those to your liking. Maybe set up some flight modes on a switch with some different rates on a few positions then go from there.

6s is definitely the way to go with that plane.
kc8qpu is offline Find More Posts by kc8qpu
Old Jun 13, 2016, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by Bobcrc
Joined Jun 2016
10 Posts
Thanks for the reply. There is also a nice thread over at Rcuniverse. I was just trying to get as much info and user experiences.
Bob C
Bobcrc is offline Find More Posts by Bobcrc
Old Jun 14, 2016, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by kc8qpu
United States, SC, Moore
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
I actually have the Splendor. About the same size. I have yet to see an Olympus fly but have read a lot about it. And a lot of people compare it to the Splendor and most say it flies better.
kc8qpu is offline Find More Posts by kc8qpu