Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:48 PM
Find More Posts by torque roll
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
935 Posts
The Axon Razorback was waaaay to expensive.
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2016, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by Gageteer
Joined Nov 2010
15 Posts
What ever happened to the HobbyKing HoverJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDutchman View Post
Just found this on the Hobbyking warehouse:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16606

Only add you own battery and 2ch tx/rx.

Price: US$ 54.12
What ever happened to the HobbyKing HoverJet?
Gageteer is offline Find More Posts by Gageteer
Old Jan 08, 2016, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by hoverboarder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2015
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageteer View Post
What ever happened to the HobbyKing HoverJet?
The same model is still available, just not branded as the HobbyKing version. It is the Gartt EH-355 partially finished hovercraft (missing the battery and TX/RX). The best price I found for the almost finished version is $59.99 plus shipping on banggood.com.

You can also get the model direct from China from the manufacturer Gartt on Ebay. However, the best price they would offer was $58 not including customs fees.

Mine should come in next week, and I think I will upgrade with the following items:
  • Dr. Mad Thrust 50mm 3300kv EDF for lift
  • Dr. Mad Thrust 50mm 4000kv EDF for thrust
  • 2200 Mah Turnigy battery 25-50C
  • New Esc??
  • Not sure yet on the receiver/Transmitter??

I realize, that I am mostly paying for the shell since I am replacing almost everything else, and $60 for a small plastic shell and some foam is a lot. However, it is a really nice shell...

I would really appreciate it if anyone had any suggestions on the EDF, ESC, and transmitter/Receiver options for this. The EDF's had pretty mixed reviews, and these Dr. Mad Trust metal housing ones are a lot heavier than the plastic versions, however they also seem to be (allegedly) much better balanced.
hoverboarder is offline Find More Posts by hoverboarder
Last edited by hoverboarder; Jan 08, 2016 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 07:58 AM
Find More Posts by Shane green
Joined Jul 2015
337 Posts
Hi Guys. I'm Shane and I'm on Peters sight. That machine is practically a Razer back. Looked at them ages ago. They are I'm affrad to say what I call Floor scrapers just like the foamy Airbugs. If you really want a skirtless hovercraft take a look at what Peters done. It's straight out of Star Wars. Flys over water as well. It took him a lot of years to develop. It's way to go if you really want to pasue this field. Me well I'm trying to develop the Landspeeder as a skirtless craft that really hovers. Shane.
Shane green is offline Find More Posts by Shane green
Last edited by Shane green; Jan 12, 2016 at 09:13 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:05 AM
Find More Posts by hoverboarder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2015
11 Posts
Hi Shane, I am working on a skirtless model as well (although I am going for a dual motor instead of a single motor). However, these models look like a lot of fun to play with, and I would love to modify one to get peak performance.

I have seen a really fun videos of the lower powered version at a skate park, as well as videos of the original Axon keeping up with fast RC cars while flying over jumps. Being able to land a big jump in a RC hovercraft and not have your model brake apart is pretty unique.

Once the model is upgraded, I will make some jumps to test it out.

The small size, robust construction, and fast speed make it something that I would love to have my friends play around with.

Cheers
hoverboarder is offline Find More Posts by hoverboarder
Old Jan 13, 2016, 06:43 AM
Find More Posts by Shane green
Joined Jul 2015
337 Posts
Yo Hoverboarder, what is your name? Read your posts on Petes site. Yea Guess there good fun for what they are. Personally I don't take them to seriously lol. Nothing wrong with having some fun. Keep at it mate. See over on the other site. PS. I'm going for a seprerate lift fan and Two EDF thrusters on the Land Speeder.
Shane green is offline Find More Posts by Shane green
Last edited by Shane green; Jan 13, 2016 at 08:16 AM.