HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2004, 11:09 AM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Apr 2001
264 Posts
Question
Pica still in business?

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any information in regards to the status of the Pica company? Their website (http://www.picaweb.com/) has been inactive since early May and I was wondering if they were still in business. This would be nice to know since it could affect several of my future kit buying decisions.

Thanks

Jim Connell
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jim Connell is offline Find More Posts by Jim Connell
Last edited by Jim Connell; Jul 07, 2004 at 11:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2004, 01:13 PM
San Carlos, California, United States
Joined Apr 2000
245 Posts
According to their website, they are moving.
kjkish is offline Find More Posts by kjkish
Old Jul 07, 2004, 02:23 PM
Joined Apr 2001
264 Posts
Yes, that certainly could be true enough. But two months for a business to shut down simply to relocate suggests to me there may be more to this than just moving. (Spider sense tingling)

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything else.

Jim
Old Jul 07, 2004, 02:27 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Connell
Yes, that certainly could be true enough. But two months for a business to shut down simply to relocate suggests to me there may be more to this than just moving. (Spider sense tingling)

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything else.

Jim
I would agree - seems fishy to me. That would be a loss!
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2004, 10:12 PM
Joined May 2004
3 Posts
I just bought the 1/5 scale Pica P-40 at Pegasus Hobbies here in Southern California. According to Terry who runs the R/C airplane portion of the place (its HUGE), Pica is out of business. Out of the 12 1/5 scale P-40s they received around 3-4 months ago, I bought their last one. Every place I have visited on the net has listed Pica stuff as "out of stock". If you are interested in one of their kits, you may want to check around for leftover stock at various hobby shops....

randy
bosssman is offline Find More Posts by bosssman
Old Sep 17, 2004, 12:43 PM
Joined Apr 2001
264 Posts
Pica Update Sept 17, 2004

Hi Everyone

I have noticed that Pica’s website ( http://www.picaweb.com/ ) is no longer working, as of yesterday. (September 16, 2004)

I think that is probably game, set and match. Very sad. I would suggest that if you need something from this company track it down now.

Jim Connell
Toronto, Ontario, Canada