HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2014, 07:20 AM
Joined Sep 2013
173 Posts
Question
New Hobbywing Xrotor Esc for multirotors

So there are quite a lot of people here looking fr a simple solution to well known problems with high pole and low Kv motors and larger props combined with 4s or 6s lipos.
By accident i have found new series esc from hobby wing that confirms compatibility with majority motors know to have issues.
I have ordered set for my quad copter and i will begin testing asap.
I also attached a table with motors that are apparently compatible but that is yet still to be confirmed.

Some features:
1 Features
1.1 Special core program for multi-rotor controllers greatly improves throttle response.
1.2 Specially optimized software for excellent compatibility with disc-type motors.
1.3 All settings except the timing are preset, making usage simple, highly intelligent and adaptive.
1.4 The twisted-pair design of the throttle signal cable effectively reduces the crosstalk produced in signal transmission and makes flight more stable.
1.5 Compatible with various flight-control systems and supports a signal frequency of up to 621Hz (Note: all throttle signals over 500Hz are non-standard signals) .
1.6 Special drive chip has much better MOSFET driving effect than common driving circuit consisted of discrete components.
1.7 MOSFET with extra-low resistance brings high performance and great current endurance.

My setu p includes:
390Kv 22 pole turnigy motors
afro 30a esc (still having problems with newest firmware from simonK)
17 5.5 inch proppellers (two diffrent sets)
2x4s 5000mah 30c lipos
AUW: 3.2kg

If there is anybody that have successfully tested these esc, please let us all know.
Again soon as i get my hands on these i will report back with results.
ctraxx is offline Find More Posts by ctraxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2014, 03:47 AM
United States, TX, North Richland Hills
Joined Jan 2014
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctraxx View Post
So there are quite a lot of people here looking fr a simple solution to well known problems with high pole and low Kv motors and larger props combined with 4s or 6s lipos.
By accident i have found new series esc from hobby wing that confirms compatibility with majority motors know to have issues.
I have ordered set for my quad copter and i will begin testing asap.
I also attached a table with motors that are apparently compatible but that is yet still to be confirmed.

Some features:
1 Features
1.1 Special core program for multi-rotor controllers greatly improves throttle response.
1.2 Specially optimized software for excellent compatibility with disc-type motors.
1.3 All settings except the timing are preset, making usage simple, highly intelligent and adaptive.
1.4 The twisted-pair design of the throttle signal cable effectively reduces the crosstalk produced in signal transmission and makes flight more stable.
1.5 Compatible with various flight-control systems and supports a signal frequency of up to 621Hz (Note: all throttle signals over 500Hz are non-standard signals) .
1.6 Special drive chip has much better MOSFET driving effect than common driving circuit consisted of discrete components.
1.7 MOSFET with extra-low resistance brings high performance and great current endurance.

My setu p includes:
390Kv 22 pole turnigy motors
afro 30a esc (still having problems with newest firmware from simonK)
17 5.5 inch proppellers (two diffrent sets)
2x4s 5000mah 30c lipos
AUW: 3.2kg

If there is anybody that have successfully tested these esc, please let us all know.
Again soon as i get my hands on these i will report back with results.
With any luck I'll start testing today when I wake up. I just finished a new build. I have the Xrotor 40A ESC's. How are they performing for you?

My set up:

2700 gram Quad
T-Motor 4014 400KV
15X5 T-Motor Props
40A esc
Lightbridge
Gopro
Spektrum 9X TX
Choppermike1 is offline Find More Posts by Choppermike1
Old Oct 12, 2014, 01:54 AM
John Hendry
Joined Oct 2013
64 Posts
Very interested to see what HobbyWing has come with. Please report back and tell us what you think. They sound like very good ESCs that eliminate some inherent problems in the design of ESCs. I'm wondering if they are as responsive as SK's firmware upgrades.
John Hendry is offline Find More Posts by John Hendry
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:24 AM
Joined Sep 2013
173 Posts
Guys i can easily say these esc are very good. My quad is very quiet now. Im still waiting for set of new props but even with two different shaped sets of propellers its just awesome. Quick response no sync loss or timing issues. I went for 40A version as the 20A was out of stock. They stay cool, actually very cool. Compared to my previous afros 30A and hk blueseries 30A. So far im very happy. Few more test to go to compare flight times.

Stay tuned for proper video of the quad. I still have to adjust gains in naza but thats the least of my worries for now.

Last edited by ctraxx; Oct 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 01:55 AM
United States, TX, North Richland Hills
Joined Jan 2014
115 Posts
I finally had some time to fly with the xrotor 40A ESC's and there great just the way they are. imo
If flashing makes them better that would be awesome because I have no complaints with my T-Motor 4014's 400KV. Its solid as a rock, smooth and doesn't get crazy with fast descents etc.
Choppermike1 is offline Find More Posts by Choppermike1
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:32 PM
Joined Sep 2013
173 Posts
Same observations here, i did some flying but not much. my cw motors were getting hot where the ccw motors stayed cool. I thought it was a problem with alignment and i have double checked everything but weather is bad just now so i don't have chance to test the flight times etc. When weather gets better i will report back with results.