SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:48 AM
Joined Jan 2006
29 Posts
Discussion
Can You Count Frame Losses With Aurora9?

Sorry if I have the wrong terminology, but I'm wondering if there is a way of figuring out if a receiver is getting interference/loss of signal.

There is nothing wrong with any of my receivers, so far; but it would be nice to know when setting it up, etc. if there is any loss of signal.

I know with some of the other brands of radios you can somehow count frame losses, fades, or losses of signal (I'm sorry, I'm not sure which terms mean what, or if I'm using the right terms). And I know with the old 72mHz you could get "glitch counters".

So how is it done nowadays, and can it be done with the Aurora9/Optima Rx's? Does Hitec have a telemetry device for this?

Thanks
Isaiah 40:31 is offline Find More Posts by Isaiah 40:31
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:23 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,567 Posts
it was promised at release time and theres even a signal icon, but it only works with the full telemetry set, and voice telemetry in order to have any sort of signal strength...

Other options are UGH Long range systems with RSSI, or Xtreme Power systems module and receivers which give RSSI and built in on screen voltage telemetry.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign