SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:23 PM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
154 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 14MZ elevator to camber

I have not been able to figure out how to set it up so that when I pull elevator, the trailing edge drops (was that called Snap Flap on my old 9C?). I've found Ele ->Camber but it doesn't do anything.
I have been into the camber settings and have been able to set it so that it operates off a switch, but that's about it.

Also, is there a way to put variable camber on a slider? I can get it to a preset setting, but not variable.

Thanks, Neal
HotAir2 is offline Find More Posts by HotAir2
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:09 AM
Joined Jan 2007
651 Posts
Hi Neal,
One way is use elev as master and the programmable mixers to mix into flap-ail. You can assign a switch for this to be on or off also.

I use a virtual or aux channel assigned to a slider and mix in, this way I have both preset settings on a switch or can use sliders for variable adjustments.
Let me see if I can find my CF reader to pull files to send.

Tony
kilwein is offline Find More Posts by kilwein
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:26 PM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
154 Posts
Hi Tony, that would be great thanks!
I've flown with my 9C for years, and just can't get my head round this new one. I read every word of the manual, but it assumes I know what I'm doing. For example, I never found what the word 'trim' means, or the word 'rate'. I know I should know what these things mean, but when I go into the settings for a function, and expect to see how much to move the elevator by, I see things like trim and rate instead.

Thanks, Neal
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2007
651 Posts
Hi Neil,

Pm your email address and I will send some model files to you.
Copy them to your Cf card in the MODEL directory and then load.
You can then go in and see a few ways to do what you want or modify to your needs.

Tony
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:35 PM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
154 Posts
Thanks Tony

I finally got to spend some time with your files, and worked out what I was doing wrong, and finally my Tx is doing what I want.

Thanks again, Neal
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:11 AM
Joined Jan 2007
651 Posts
Hi Neal,

Good to hear your up and flying.
Many ways to do things in this TX.

R,
Tony