SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined Sep 2011
16 Posts
Alert
They think we're stupid/

Can you belive that Banana Hobby would offer "Free Shipping" then raise their prices to cover the shipping cost.
FMS F6U Giant Corsair was $189.90 two days ago. Now with "Free Shipping" it's $209.90.
Duh! They want us to think they're giving us a deal.
All they have done is insult my intelligence.
Don't like Hobby King, but at least they don't play games.
wks01954 is offline Find More Posts by wks01954
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, FL, Perry
Joined Mar 2011
475 Posts
Their "free shipping" offer actually costs me more than the regular price without shipping !
I feel insulted as well.
FLYBOB54 is offline Find More Posts by FLYBOB54
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Probably depends on where you live. I live in NJ so it's cross country for me. From the old prices I remember, the increases in prices are about even with shipping costs. I imagine they just took their highest shipping and just added it straight across the board. The real question is whether they reduced the cost of the faster rate shipping (which I never use) to compensate for the price of shipping in the base cost of the product.

Edit to add: Just double checked using the new system to recreate my last order. With the new pricing there is about $10 saved in total with the old pricing. What really kills you is the price increase for small items like batteries or parts which scales faster than the shipping ever did.
rogue wolf is offline Find More Posts by rogue wolf
Last edited by rogue wolf; Oct 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
the free shipping only applies to orders above $149 and the lower 48 states and they charge a premium for oversize. so if u wanted a cheap plane and lived canada, the prices have gone way up
an $80 plane i wanted now costs $100, a 25% increase
MRrcRC is offline Find More Posts by MRrcRC
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:49 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Lets send them a clear message, dont buy from them.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
i have made numerous purchases from banana in the past and was quite happy with them and the customer service i had received from a defective servo. they sent a replacement servo asap. i have not bought anything since they have raised their prices and their "free shipping" offer as that doesn't apply to me. as it stands, i can get the same plane from rc castle for less but banana has a part i need. i will wait for a good sale (a real sale) to come or i just wont buy the plane from them. this is just a hobby for me and i have many planes in my squad so i can wait it out (its been over a year since i've been waiting for the part).
MRrcRC is offline Find More Posts by MRrcRC
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi pilots! In response to the recent price changes, our marketing team is currently working on further upcoming changes. I do appreciate the all of the feedback received here on RCGroups, therefore I will also work closely with our marketing team to ensure that your voices are heard. Please stay tuned! Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:51 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi pilots! In response to the recent price changes, our marketing team is currently working on further upcoming changes. I do appreciate the all of the feedback received here on RCGroups, therefore I will also work closely with our marketing team to ensure that your voices are heard. Please stay tuned! Thanks! -Seba
What the is an oversize fee?
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
What the is an oversize fee?
http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/m...cs/parcels.htm

Most companies I know of charge for oversize shipping. For instance Horizon has free shipping for orders over $100 except for oversize.
rogue wolf is offline Find More Posts by rogue wolf
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:08 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue wolf View Post
http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/m...cs/parcels.htm

Most companies I know of charge for oversize shipping. For instance Horizon has free shipping for orders over $100 except for oversize.
Ture, but what is oversized at BH would be free shipping at others.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:51 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan View Post
Ture, but what is oversized at BH would be free shipping at others.

John
Agreed....and coincidentally....when no free shipping....no oversize charge... FUNNY how that works and thankfully none of us noticed .

BH is losing customers to their competition and they just cannot figure out why.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:19 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Guys, I understand what you all are saying here. However, products in every part of our lives rise and decline in cost. Banana Hobby raising the price for a certain product or products should not be looked at in a way that we are trying to "fool" our patrons. I am not here to argue with any of you in the reasons why and how you see the prices going up a bit. I am here to say that I listen to what you are saying and will forward this to the management. Again, thank you for voicing your concerns.

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,038 Posts
Violins and tissue's...is that all he gets ?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
Guys, I understand what you all are saying here. I am here to say that I listen to what you are saying and will forward this to the management. Again, thank you for voicing your concerns.

Regards,

Pete
Wow....Pete's gone out of his way for years to bring all kinds of cool planes and Heli's to our market place. Yes, the ones in your hangar now, remember.

It seems like he cant do enough......gets lashed....by the " Group "....I mean why even bother.Its a long swim back from China....plane ride....as well booking containers on the giant ships that have to be maintained, fueled, insured, crew members paid.....the list must be endless, just like the complaints.

Build a fricken kit....scratch build...dont build....look the other way....change the channel or cork the whine for awhile. He is so busy lately and even helps on the Big jolt funfly to boot, produces countless vidios.....works with these factories....and still has to do all of the day to day chores we all do....even when he is sick !. No one has seen their books....The V7 Petie's came in and sold out in one day........Hmmmm.....go figya.

All of the wizzing and moaning isent going to help this company, or any other company get better....its a slap in the face. Fly the planes you have sitting around that are past their maiden fever stage. Why did you buy them in the first place ?.

Remember he says " Hey pilots " Whats going on at the start of every vidio.

I wonder if you would travel to your LHS and unload on them face to face.....Not.

Happy Holidays Pete !.

Pete Lane
sonic liner is offline Find More Posts by sonic liner
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:59 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner View Post
Wow....Pete's gone out of his way for years to bring all kinds of cool planes and Heli's to our market place. Yes, the ones in your hangar now, remember.

It seems like he cant do enough......gets lashed....by the " Group "....I mean why even bother.Its a long swim back from China....plane ride....as well booking containers on the giant ships that have to be maintained, fueled, insured, crew members paid.....the list must be endless, just like the complaints.

Build a fricken kit....scratch build...dont build....look the other way....change the channel or cork the whine for awhile. He is so busy lately and even helps on the Big jolt funfly to boot, produces countless vidios.....works with these factories....and still has to do all of the day to day chores we all do....even when he is sick !. No one has seen their books....The V7 Petie's came in and sold out in one day........Hmmmm.....go figya.

All of the wizzing and moaning isent going to help this company, or any other company get better....its a slap in the face. Fly the planes you have sitting around that are past their maiden fever stage. Why did you buy them in the first place ?.

I wonder if you would travel to your LHS and unload on them face to face.....Not.

Happy Holidays Pete !.

Pete Lane
One can only do so much work, good or bad. When you need many more than that.. This company has a D ratting from the Better Business Bureau. They have earned that. I for one belive Pete feels real bad when he must push a junk aircraft but after all his job is to push sale with whatever BH has in stock. sticking it to their customers just before the Holidays is not going to help this company. Don't wonder any longer about me. I for sure would travel to my local hobby shop and unload on them if they took care of me like BH takes care of their customers.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Last edited by JLogan; Nov 18, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:54 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner View Post

Happy Holidays Pete !.

Pete Lane
Irregardless of Pete....... their business practice needs improvement. PERIOD. It has been reported many times before. Getting better, YES. Still needs work.

I spend my money with the best company, with the best products, with the best deal.

As far an face to face unload at my LHS..... I call them out ALL THE TIME and chew on them for prices as well.... oh yeah to their face.

If they want my money, they need to earn my money. If they don't, they lose my purchase. It is a very simple formula.

Rule #1 in busniess- "Consumer is KING."
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1