HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:14 PM
Registered User
Beancounter's Avatar
United States, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
My LAST dealing with them was when I got the 1600mm P-47. It came with bad motor, the bell end was bent and you could actually see it very easily with your eyes it was so bad, they asked for pictures so I sent them here was the response.

Banana Hobby Customer Support via rghpw7007flrjojc.4d8i0ay5q4qo700q.q5yrt.u-jfecma0.u.bnc.salesforce.com

Oct 10

to me
Dear Mr. Mayer,

A technician has reviewed the motor and has provided us with the following information:

"The difference in gap distance is to properly set the fixed down thrust angle of the motor shaft."

Let me know your thoughts on this statement.

Sincerely,


I still laugh every time read it I am never going to delete that email.
Beancounter is offline Find More Posts by Beancounter
Last edited by Beancounter; Nov 07, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:08 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbe15 View Post
Guys,
I want to let you know that Nancy did get back to me and do appreciate her quick response. It does seem that when BH (Nancy at least) will do what she says. So Nancy, thanks for e-mailing me and note that i did e-mail you back.

Nancy, one thing i will say is why do i or other with complaints have to reach someone like you to make things right. I'm dealing with a similar issue with my new whirlpool refrigerator. If companies would do what is right to begin with, I think most people if not all are understanding but when we call to discuss the issue with the BH sales team and they tell me (us) there's nothing we can do it's frustrating. We know not everything is perfect and simply ask when things are not up to par that the company stand behind their product and correct the situation. It's equally frustrating that we have to resort to public forums to get any actions. The exact same thing happened with whirlpool. Once you start commenting in public forums, action finally happens.

Again i do appreciate you getting back to me and look forward to your e-mail response to me.

oh and in case your looking to buy a new fridge. Don't buy whirlpool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42CwkAtPjhw

I have some planes that are quieter

Thanks again Nancy,
Ryan
Man that an easy fix, Thats just the fan that circulates air around the fridge from the freezer to both compartments. There is an ice build up that the fan is hitting.
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:01 PM
Customer Support
Nancy BH CSR's Avatar
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbe15 View Post
Guys,
I want to let you know that Nancy did get back to me and do appreciate her quick response. It does seem that when BH (Nancy at least) will do what she says. So Nancy, thanks for e-mailing me and note that i did e-mail you back.

Nancy, one thing i will say is why do i or other with complaints have to reach someone like you to make things right. I'm dealing with a similar issue with my new whirlpool refrigerator. If companies would do what is right to begin with, I think most people if not all are understanding but when we call to discuss the issue with the BH sales team and they tell me (us) there's nothing we can do it's frustrating. We know not everything is perfect and simply ask when things are not up to par that the company stand behind their product and correct the situation. It's equally frustrating that we have to resort to public forums to get any actions. The exact same thing happened with whirlpool. Once you start commenting in public forums, action finally happens.

Again i do appreciate you getting back to me and look forward to your e-mail response to me.

oh and in case your looking to buy a new fridge. Don't buy whirlpool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42CwkAtPjhw

I have some planes that are quieter

Thanks again Nancy,
Ryan
Good morning Ryan.

I had just recently sent you an email in regards the the P51. I hope to hear from you soon.

As for the Whirlpool refrigerator, I do have some family and friends that uses them, and so far, everything is going good.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:01 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Aphro's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I agree with all of the above and then some I too just checked out the BH site as I was ready to buy the 1400mm Hellcat F6F. 1st off I noticed they copied Horizon Hobby and added oversize fees... lame... and then I noticed the Hellcat's price, $209 with oversize fee Last time I checked I believe it was around $159???

To me it looks like they are trying to take advantage of unenlightened new customers over the holiday season Just like they try to do on ebay. I don't know if anyone else has picked up on their outrageous prices on ebay or not, but they can sometimes be many hundreds of dollars higher than their web-site prices. PLUS, they will of course be out of stock @ BH site for a specified plane, then list it higher on ebay... kind of shady operating procedure in my opinion...
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Aphro!

The Ebay vendor that you speak of is not affiliated with Banana Hobby. However, the individual may be a customer of ours and posing as a middleman. I will further investigate this matter. Thank you. -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:07 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Aphro's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I haven't checked lately... but as of this summer there were plenty of listings as I referred to above. Most of them were for EDF Jets.

Just for a moment of clarity... the fact that Banana Hobby has such a horrible track record for customer service. Which is well documented all over the web... how in the world after all these years can BH still be in business??? It truly blows my mind

For 99.99% of the internet business, just a couple of severely dissatisfied customer reviews on the web can put them out of business. I understand BH has a monopoly on FMS products here in the USA... which means you have products no one else carries and therefore a captive audience. BUT what the is FMS thinking??? How can FMS not do everything possible to find a reliable retailer in the USA??? I run an internet business myself, and if FMS wants a new retailer I would be more than happy to turn my attention to building a respectable retail business to bring highly sought after FMS products to an extremely lucrative market that is starved for a proper retailer to buy FMS products from!!!

Sorry for my rant... that is just my 2 fen worth
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:30 PM
Registered User
ryanbe15's Avatar
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
Hey pape, yeah i realize what it is. It's a brand new fridge. Problem is the fridge doesn't defrost at all so the problem just keeps happening every 2 weeks or so. Technician comes out to fix the failed part, 2 weeks later it's frozen again (and repeat the process). I much rather deal with BH then whirlpool. At least Nancy is receptive and is working with me. That's more than i can say for Whirlpool.

Nancy, again thanks for the e-mails we've had on the side and thanks for continuing to look into things to make things right.
ryanbe15 is offline Find More Posts by ryanbe15
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:17 PM
Customer Support
Nancy BH CSR's Avatar
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
My LAST dealing with them was when I got the 1600mm P-47. It came with bad motor, the bell end was bent and you could actually see it very easily with your eyes it was so bad, they asked for pictures so I sent them here was the response.

Banana Hobby Customer Support via rghpw7007flrjojc.4d8i0ay5q4qo700q.q5yrt.u-jfecma0.u.bnc.salesforce.com

Oct 10

to me
Dear Mr. Mayer,

A technician has reviewed the motor and has provided us with the following information:

"The difference in gap distance is to properly set the fixed down thrust angle of the motor shaft."

Let me know your thoughts on this statement.

Sincerely,


I still laugh every time read it I am never going to delete that email.
Good afternoon Beancounter.

May you please provide me with your case or order number? I would like to look further into the issue to see what is currently happening with your order. I do wish to apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:27 PM
Customer Support
Nancy BH CSR's Avatar
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
I haven't checked lately... but as of this summer there were plenty of listings as I referred to above. Most of them were for EDF Jets.

Just for a moment of clarity... the fact that Banana Hobby has such a horrible track record for customer service. Which is well documented all over the web... how in the world after all these years can BH still be in business??? It truly blows my mind

For 99.99% of the internet business, just a couple of severely dissatisfied customer reviews on the web can put them out of business. I understand BH has a monopoly on FMS products here in the USA... which means you have products no one else carries and therefore a captive audience. BUT what the is FMS thinking??? How can FMS not do everything possible to find a reliable retailer in the USA??? I run an internet business myself, and if FMS wants a new retailer I would be more than happy to turn my attention to building a respectable retail business to bring highly sought after FMS products to an extremely lucrative market that is starved for a proper retailer to buy FMS products from!!!

Sorry for my rant... that is just my 2 fen worth
Good afternoon Aphro.

There is a saying that goes, "Good news don't travel far, but bad news travel for miles." We here at Banana Hobby do our best to assist customers to the best of our abilities.

I would, however, like to thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:30 PM
Customer Support
Nancy BH CSR's Avatar
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbe15 View Post
Hey pape, yeah i realize what it is. It's a brand new fridge. Problem is the fridge doesn't defrost at all so the problem just keeps happening every 2 weeks or so. Technician comes out to fix the failed part, 2 weeks later it's frozen again (and repeat the process). I much rather deal with BH then whirlpool. At least Nancy is receptive and is working with me. That's more than i can say for Whirlpool.

Nancy, again thanks for the e-mails we've had on the side and thanks for continuing to look into things to make things right.
Good afternoon.

I have no idea regarding the fridge not defrosting at all, but wow.

On another note, I do apologize Ryan. I haven't received an answer yet and I have been pushing for one. Please rest assured that I am still pushing for a response and will let you know as soon as I received one.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:55 AM
Registered User
Beancounter's Avatar
United States, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Good afternoon Beancounter.

May you please provide me with your case or order number? I would like to look further into the issue to see what is currently happening with your order. I do wish to apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Nancy,

I appreciate your interest, here is the case #

Banana Hobby Customer Support Case # 00032726

I stopped communications after the response I got so the case is probably closed, but lets see what happens.
Beancounter is offline Find More Posts by Beancounter
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Can somebody tell me what theis an oversize fee.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
Customer Support
Nancy BH CSR's Avatar
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
Nancy,

I appreciate your interest, here is the case #

Banana Hobby Customer Support Case # 00032726

I stopped communications after the response I got so the case is probably closed, but lets see what happens.
Good afternoon Beancounter.

Thank you for providing me with your case number.

I had looked over the photos that you had submitted and I do apologize for the misinformation that you had received. To my understanding, that would not be the down thrust. The down thrust is created from how the motor, as a whole, was installed into the aircraft. What I can see here is that the manufacturer had put the motor together incorrectly. When installing the shaft, it was slightly crooked, thus, giving the end result of the whole shaft, cover, and the motor being the way it is.
I did double check with our Parts Department to see if there was a way that I can help you obtain a replacement motor, but unfortunately, it is unavailable. Therefore, at this time, what I can do is consult with the Head Technician to see if any other motor(s) that we may be carrying is compatible with the P-40 that you have in your possession.
Regretfully, he's currently out of the office today, but he should be available tomorrow.
Rest assured that I will get in touch with you after consulting with the Head Technician tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:21 PM
Customer Support
Nancy BH CSR's Avatar
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
Can somebody tell me what theis an oversize fee.
Good afternoon Forrest Gump 23.

Please visit our website at http://www.bananahobby.com/shipping_policy.htm#oversize in regards to the Oversize Fee(s).

Best Regards,
Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:04 PM
Registered User
Beancounter's Avatar
United States, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Good afternoon Beancounter.

Thank you for providing me with your case number.

I had looked over the photos that you had submitted and I do apologize for the misinformation that you had received. To my understanding, that would not be the down thrust. The down thrust is created from how the motor, as a whole, was installed into the aircraft. What I can see here is that the manufacturer had put the motor together incorrectly. When installing the shaft, it was slightly crooked, thus, giving the end result of the whole shaft, cover, and the motor being the way it is.
I did double check with our Parts Department to see if there was a way that I can help you obtain a replacement motor, but unfortunately, it is unavailable. Therefore, at this time, what I can do is consult with the Head Technician to see if any other motor(s) that we may be carrying is compatible with the P-40 that you have in your possession.
Regretfully, he's currently out of the office today, but he should be available tomorrow.
Rest assured that I will get in touch with you after consulting with the Head Technician tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Nancy P.
Nancy,

I appreciate your efforts on my behalf, I already purchased a replacement motor some time ago and have been enjoying the p47 for a while now. Thanks for the update and I will wait to see what the tech says next. Thanks again
Beancounter is offline Find More Posts by Beancounter
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Banana Hobby Mig 29 fans $47 shipped REDUCED txshan130 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Sep 21, 2012 02:26 PM
Discussion Banana hobby is knowingly shipping planes with missing parts. texbird Banana Hobby 11 Jun 26, 2012 09:04 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Free Shipping Over $100 (CONUS) Ending This Sunday + Some Plane Markdown Syner01 Hot Online Deals 0 May 11, 2012 05:24 PM
Cool Keyport Hobbies Fifth Scale RC Special! Free Shipping and Free Drift Car! Goanna Hot Online Deals 2 Apr 28, 2012 07:20 AM
Help! Bmcx shifts left when flying Cmac678 Electric Heli Talk 5 Apr 08, 2012 11:44 AM