HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:26 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1832y View Post
It's not a Sig Fazer. I just built one of them. It is now my new favorite plane. While there are some things that are similar it is definitely not a Fazer.

Woody
Yeah, the cockpit is wrong, the rudder is wrong, the turtle deck is too high and the fuse looks built up instead of being a solid piece of wood. I used to have one as I mentioned in my previous post. It doesn't really matter what it is though, since it doesn't have a visible gear hatch on top it most likely is on the bottom. The fuel tank will just be rubber-banded to the side of the fuse most likely.

I would say it's more likely to be one of the Morris profile fun fly planes.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:00 AM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
It could very well be a Morris profile. scrub monkey was asking about mounting a landing gear. If the model has provisions for fuselage mounting, an inexpensive solution might be purchasing the Fazer's dural landing gear from Sig and mounting it. Also, I believe scrub monkey was asking for instructions. The free download I provided from Tower's P-51 3D ought to give an idea as it appears to be typical. I wish him luck with it, I'm sure it is going to be a fun flyer.
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:21 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,980 Posts
I thought he meant landing gear as well when I first read it, but the plane pictured appears to have landing gear on it... you can see what looks like some aluminum gear just in front of the root of the wing. But yeah, the Fazer gear would work well.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:26 AM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
861 Posts
Picked it up today. The u/c is attatched by bolts like the tower p51. There are hatches underneath the wing. The servos for the rudder and elevator were in the tail but moved forward for balance. I will post some more pics when i get home from school tomorrow. Also it was third hand. Im the fourth flyer of it. It is also fairly heavy.
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:28 AM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
861 Posts
And it is aluminium landing gear with a fixed tail wheel
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012