HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2011, 11:10 PM
Corsir Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Oct 2011
405 Posts
Discussion
Tail wheel wire binds rudder on HZ Super Cub

Anyone have a problem with the rudder being tight in the center, and wanting to POP to one side or the other.?
I think this may be the reason I was having problems trimming it. I wrote about it here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1533526

Just wondering How you guys fixed this. I figure it should turn smooth through the whole travel , left and right. Can the tail wire just be bent to fix this, or do I need to move the wire some how?
Mopower71 is offline Find More Posts by Mopower71
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:19 AM
Corsir Crasher
Joined Oct 2011
405 Posts
Just need some suggestions.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:22 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Hmmmm. Did you disconnect the wire from the servo and check for smooth motion of the wire? You need to rule out a possible servo issue. OK, servo is smooth but the wire does not move easily? Look for binding inside the fuse and anyplace it touches foam. How about the hinge area itself? Never heard of that being an issue on the S Cub, but ?? Don't start bending things untill you know what is going on.
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:39 AM
Corsir Crasher
Joined Oct 2011
405 Posts
It was a bind on the wire that runs down to the wheel. Without the servo wire attached, it would not sit in the straight neutral position. The rudder would pop from one side to the other when you tried to move it with your finger. I tweaked the wire a bit, had to move the bend a bit forward to relieve the tension it was putting on the rudder.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:55 AM
Corsir Crasher
Joined Oct 2011
405 Posts
Wel it trims in much better now, after tweaking the rudder/tail wheel wire. As a matter of fact, I did not have to touch the trim at all. Now it flys/controls much better. I had it up and back down four short flights. Each time taking off from the ground. The landings are a bit tricky, as she floats, and wants to nose over in the grass
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:44 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Bigger wheels/tires helps. Also be sure thst your landing gear wires have not bent back. A little bit back and it is prone to nose overs. I bet yours is back a bit. Just bend it back forward a bit.
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy