HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:27 PM
USA'd ex Brit
toesup's Avatar
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
Question
Changing a thread moderator

Several members have put forward a suggestion that I become moderator of a forum in the boat section, seeing as the original poster / moderator has not visited RCG since July of '09.

Is it possible to change moderator?... and if so, how?.

Thanks
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:02 AM
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,443 Posts
I'm sorry but that is not possible. All threads are moderated by RCG staff only. Thanks for volunteering though!
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:03 AM
USA'd ex Brit
toesup's Avatar
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
I'm sorry but that is not possible. All threads are moderated by RCG staff only. Thanks for volunteering though!
Thanks for the info Jim.
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:35 PM
Administrator
jbourke's Avatar
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,414 Posts
In this thread, toesup seems to be talking about a thread moderator, and Jim seems to be talking about forum moderators. It's not clear to me whether toesup's question was addressed.

We actually do have cases where both forums and threads are moderated by users. It's not the norm, but there are cases.

Toesup, can you please be more specific? Which thread (or forum) do you mean?

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 04:58 PM
USA'd ex Brit
toesup's Avatar
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke View Post

Toesup, can you please be more specific? Which thread (or forum) do you mean?
Its the 'stickied' Springer thread at the top of 'dock talk'.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522762
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 06:32 PM
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,443 Posts
This is a new one for me. Maybe Mike K. can make that happen.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:07 PM
Administrator
jbourke's Avatar
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,414 Posts
It's actually pretty simple. All sticky threads are moderated by the thread starter.

We won't change the owner of the thread. What we can do is unsticky the old thread and sticky a new thread which is started by toesup or someone else.

The procedure for this is to create a new thread, get things started in there, and when you are ready report the first post in the thread, asking the moderators to "stick this thread". Then do the same with the old sticky, asking the mods to unsticky it.

If you decide to go forward with this, toesup, it's probably a good idea to put a link to the old thread in the new one.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:20 PM
USA'd ex Brit
toesup's Avatar
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke View Post
It's actually pretty simple. All sticky threads are moderated by the thread starter.

We won't change the owner of the thread. What we can do is unsticky the old thread and sticky a new thread which is started by toesup or someone else.

The procedure for this is to create a new thread, get things started in there, and when you are ready report the first post in the thread, asking the moderators to "stick this thread". Then do the same with the old sticky, asking the mods to unsticky it.

If you decide to go forward with this, toesup, it's probably a good idea to put a link to the old thread in the new one.

Jim
Thanks for the reply JB

The general opinion within the thread that is stickied at the moment is to keep the original thread if possible and not start a new one..

But if that's the only way it can be done... I'll get back to you on that one.
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comment on moderator action in LiPo Matching Thread kit Site Chat 66 Aug 24, 2004 04:38 PM
Disgusting. [Thread title edited by Moderator] badaltitude Life, The Universe, and Politics 51 Jul 21, 2004 08:21 PM
mad !!!!!! (thread title edited by moderator) madmax7774 Electric Plane Talk 48 Apr 06, 2004 12:29 AM
Airborne Models problem (thread title edited by Moderator) genovia Vendor Talk 2 Mar 28, 2004 11:35 PM
Help! my foamtana (thread title edited by moderator) three_tw Foamies (Kits) 3 Oct 28, 2003 05:24 AM