SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:18 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,530 Posts
Fly-In
Northern VA, MD, DC Loudoun County Aeromodelers 10th Annual Electric Flyin 7/25/2009

Greetings All

Well it is that time of year again. The Loudoun County Aeromodelers Association would like to invite everyone to our 10th Annual Electric Flyin to be held on Saturday July 25, 2009 at our Club Field in Banshee Reeks Park in Leesburg, VA.

The Flyin is a low key fun filled day for flying with no competative events. The landing fee is $5 which includes our award winning lunch for all registered pilots. We will also be having our usual raffle. As in the past, Hobby hanger Speedway in Chantilly Va is sponsoring the event.

I have already started gathering raffle prizes from various vendors and will post a list in the near future.

Anyone needing a copy of the event flyer which includes directions can go to our club website at http://www.lcaa.org and click on the event flag and that will take you to the event flyer.

I hope everyone in the area can make it. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the field in July.

If anyone has any questions or needs any additional information please do not hesitate to email or PM me.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian Allen is online now Find More Posts by Brian Allen
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:33 PM
Herndon, VA
Joined Oct 2005
1,471 Posts
Last year...

LCAA Electric Fly In 2008 (2 min 39 sec)

RE
Edmonds is offline Find More Posts by Edmonds
Old Apr 14, 2009, 02:14 AM
USA, MD, Rockville
Joined Oct 2001
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Allen
Greetings All
Anyone needing a copy of the event flyer which includes directions can go to our club website at http://www.lcaa.org and click on the event flag and that will take you to the event flyer.
The website link isn't working for me... here's what I get:
"Oops! This link appears broken."
Anyone else having a problem?
Balsa Bob is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Bob
Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:39 AM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,530 Posts
RE

Thnaks for the video, it was great.

Balsa Bob

I just clicked on the link and it appears to work OK. If it still does not work try typing the link into your browser that should take you there.

Weird??!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old May 13, 2009, 08:05 AM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,530 Posts
Greetings All

Well it is still 3 months plus to the Flyin but some of the raffle stuff is starting to trickle in so I thought I would start a list of what we have had donated so far. First off LCAA would like to thank the many vendors who donate items for our Flyin raffle. We appreciate your generousity in helping us out.

I will update this from time to time as more items come in.

First Update July 2, 2009

FMA Direct has sent us one of thier nice Multi 4 chargers

Dimension Engineering has sent us one of their DeLite lighting kits. Cool item!!

Flightpower has sent us a mess of gift certificates for their LiPo batteries

Air Thunder has sent us a 3S 2200 Lipo and a nice T shirt

Hitec has sent us some T Shirts and Hats, thanks

Sig Mfg has sent us a couple of Gift Certificates for their fine products

Medusa Research has sent us a whole boatload of goodies including BEC's, Power Analyzers and one of their Thrust Cell thingees!! Neat!!

Bill Stevens from Stevens Aeromodel has said he will be sending us some Gift Certificates as soon as he gets back home from visiting family in the area here. We had a great time flying with Bill this week!!

Got a nice package from the nice people at Bob Smith Industries with some of their fine Ca products. Thanks guys!!

Received a package from Aerocraft today. It contained two kits. One of the new Small Stik (35" span 100 watt power) and the second is a kit of the Kerswap Old Timer (52" span for 100 watt power). Thanks to Tom Hunt and the boys at Aerocraft!!

Again mnay thanks to the above vendors for their continued support of our Flyin.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Last edited by Brian Allen; Jul 22, 2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Update Listing
Old Jul 02, 2009, 04:12 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,530 Posts
Greetings All

Well it is just three weeks until the 10th Annual Electric Flyin. The field is in great shape (was just out flying yesterday with my flying buddy Ron and Bill Stevens from Stevens Aeromodel who was in town visiting family) and I have updated the Raffle Prize list with some new stuff. Still waiting to hear from a few other people and Hobby Hanger has stepped up again and will provided us with some nice goodies as always.

Many thanks to all who help out and provide stuff for the raffle!! It is greatly appreciated by all.

I hope everyone has the date circled on their calendars and are getting their planes ready to go. We are looking forward to another great day. Hope to see everyone on the 25th!!

If anyone needs info or directions or whatever either drop me a PM or an E mail and I will get right back to you.

Don't forget spectators are welcome also. So if you don't have a plane handy and want to come out and watch and schmoze with everyone, don't be shy, you are more than welcome to come out and visit.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 02, 2009, 07:11 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Brian ,"what about electricity for charging? Or do we need to bring a generator?" Giant scale planes a problem?
KOMET44
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Jul 03, 2009, 09:30 AM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,530 Posts
Komet44

Thanks for the note. The field is a bit small but we have in the past flown 1/5 and 1/4 scale aircraft successfully. Mostly high wing civil aviation and low wing scale type. Not sure if the field could handle any of the larger IMAC type ships but we have several members who regualarly fly the 2 meter pattern ships without any trouble. So I guess the answer is sure bring em along and give it a try!!

There is no power out at the field (the field is in the middle of a undeveloped nature preserve) so if you want to bring a small generator that would be fine as long as it is one of the small quiet type. After all this is an Electric Flyin, we can't be having any IC things making noise now can we??

The club is working on a system to provide some charging power at this time but I am not sure if it will be ready by the flyin. Will advise if I hear anything.

Hope to see you on the 25th!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 06, 2009, 10:37 AM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Brian,My generator isn't super quite so I hope this isn't a issue.If all goes rite this will be the second road trip for my giant mudduck .Maybe I can bring enough planes so I will not need to recharge them.Let's hope for good weather!
KOMET44
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Jul 06, 2009, 11:23 AM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,530 Posts
Komet

Hope you can make it, would love to see the Mud Duck!!

As far as the generator bring it and we can give it a try. If it is too noisy there will be plenty of guys with 12 V batteries that you can use, I will have one at least.

Hope you can make it. I usually bring a bunch of planes so I don't have to recharge. When I and two buddies went to the Lehigh meet this past June we brought 27 planes. And flew just about all of them!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 06, 2009, 12:24 PM
Team Cobra!
USA, VA, Yorktown
Joined Feb 2005
2,630 Posts
I've got an 85 amp hour Deep Cycle battery out of my camper that I bring with me to charge. I can recharge my 8s 4000 mAH packs on it all day long, no problems.

Looking forward to making the trip again this year... It's getting closer!
FiremanBill is offline Find More Posts by FiremanBill
Old Jul 06, 2009, 06:05 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,530 Posts
Bill

Glad to hear you will be coming again. Looking forward to seeing you.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 07, 2009, 11:29 AM
Herndon, VA
Joined Oct 2005
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanBill
I've got an 85 amp hour Deep Cycle battery out of my camper that I bring with me to charge. I can recharge my 8s 4000 mAH packs on it all day long, no problems.

Looking forward to making the trip again this year... It's getting closer!
Can't wait to see you! I ended up not making HOT, but after seeing Sam's video, I'm going to make sure I get some night fliers ready for EOT. Your son coming up here with you?
RE
Edmonds is offline Find More Posts by Edmonds
Old Jul 07, 2009, 02:19 PM
Team Cobra!
USA, VA, Yorktown
Joined Feb 2005
2,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonds
Can't wait to see you! I ended up not making HOT, but after seeing Sam's video, I'm going to make sure I get some night fliers ready for EOT. Your son coming up here with you?
RE

I ended up missing HOT as well Bud, I had the weight of the world come down on me around that time. The Monday before HOT I had to put down my Beloved Dalmatian, she was 13 and just could not go on anymore. add to that $1600 worth of plumbing work to the hose and the truck being in the shop all at the same time and I just had no desire or energy to to much of anything.

Things are looking up though and we're getting back into flying more and more. Mason will be coming with me for sure. You guys can do some more racing!
FiremanBill is offline Find More Posts by FiremanBill
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:19 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,530 Posts
Greetings All

Well it is just 10 days away and we are getting ready for the flyin. Ron and I were out at the field this AM for some flying and the field is in great shape. The club has a field day scheduled for this Saturday to get the last few odd things taken care of prior to the flyin.

Zeke Brubaker from Park Scale Models is planning on attending so if you need any of his fine park flyer kits or his delightful Whim designs make sure and come out and say hello.

Hope to see everyone at the field on the 25th!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew