HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2004, 07:20 PM
Go Giants!
San Mateo, California, United States
Joined Jun 2002
1,069 Posts
Here is my meager contribution

Not much of a crash, and not much carnage. The main carnage was to the spinner and prop. It WAS a graupner CAM folding prop. It was on a Graupner Terry, a handlaunch plane. I throttled up, tossed it, and it must have been nose heavy, because it just started going down like it was landing, despite having full up elevator (I know the elevator wasnt reversed, because I did do a preflight). Anyway, it went in a almost full throttle, because it happened so fast I was still throttling down. I saw the prop blades fly off, it was kinda like a CD coming apart (for those of you that saw that Mythbusters episode). Anyway, as you can see, the motor stayed attached to the motor mount, but it twisted the nose off the plane. That was the only damage, other than the prop and spinner.

Here you go!
Flybyguy is offline Find More Posts by Flybyguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2004, 04:16 PM
NY, NY
Joined Jul 2004
514 Posts
I wouldn't call it meager and I'm sure it wasn't meager at the time she ate it.
Tomcat Fan is offline Find More Posts by Tomcat Fan
Old Nov 05, 2004, 02:02 PM
florida
Joined Apr 2004
298 Posts
rebuild and fly
kombat kid is offline Find More Posts by kombat kid