HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2014, 12:42 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2012
90 Posts
Question
Tex Hill Autographed Spitfire

I have an ARF Spitfire that was used as a display at one of the Wings Over Houston Airshows where Tex Hill and other aces were signing autographs.

The owner then of the plane lent it to them for a display and Tex Hill autographed it. It hasn't been flown since and I am not sure it was even flown before.

Any idea of what this might be worth? I am thinking about donating it to a museum.

Any thoughts would be very helpful

Thanks.
bayou_city_boy is offline Find More Posts by bayou_city_boy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2014, 01:02 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,340 Posts
It doesn't look like museum quality. It looks like a lesser quality ARF. And unless you can also provide some sort of proof that Mr Hill really did sign it (autograph is not a fake), I don't think it has much collectors value.
(Also there doesn't appear to be any significanxe to the Spitfire as far as Mr Hill's military/combat dlying goes. As far as I can tell he fought ine AVG P-40s and USAAF P-51s)
jonquinn is online now Find More Posts by jonquinn
Last edited by jonquinn; Oct 02, 2014 at 02:07 AM.